chapter 44

Louis POV

I decide to call Gemma first, since I still don't have the phone number of their parents.

"Gemma", I start as she picks up the phone. I hear her crying on the other side. "Is it done?", she asks me.

"No, I have great news, he woke up", I smile widely as I hear her gasp. "W-what?"

"He woke up at 5am, the doctors just took him to run some tests, he talked and smiled and he held my hand, and I'm just so happy that he woke up", I explain the situation, I wipe a few tears that appeared in my eyes away.

"He wants to see you, and Anne, Des and Robin too. Could you get them to come here? I'll call Zayn, Liam and Niall. If you all could be here in an hour that would be lovely. He really wants to see you all."

"I-I can't believe he woke up", she sniffles. "Me neither, I was talking to the doctor when he said my name. I didn't expect that to happen anymore, I thought I had lost him."

"I thought I had lost him too. I'll wake everyone around here up. We'll be there at 7am", she says. "Okay, I'll see you then. Bye Gems."

I sigh as I press Niall's phone number.

"Hey lad, are you okay?", he asks, his voice raspy, I can hear he just woke up.

I smile, "You need to come to the hospital. Are Liam and Zayn with you?"

"Yeah, they're here, why though? What's going on? I thought they weren't taking H off until 7?", he asks me confusedly.

"I know Ni, but the best thing ever happened. Harry woke up", a few tears appear in my eyes again, but I'm smiling through my tears. I'm so happy.

Niall gasps, "He- he did?" he asks me, not quite believing it yet.

"Yes he did. He woke up at 5am, he said my name Niall, he said my name", I start tearing up once again.

"T-that's amazing Lou, how is he?", he stutters a bit, I hear he's crying as well.

"The doctors took him to run some tests a few minutes ago. I don't exactly know how he is. He talked to me, he smiled and he held my hand. But he can't lift his arm, the doctor says it's normal because he's been in a coma for over two months and he needs to learn those things again. But he seemed quite good actually", I smile widely through my tears at the thought of Harry talking to me less than ten minutes ago.

"He wants to see you. And Zayn and Liam too. Can you be here around 7? His parents and Gemma will be here by then too", I ask him.

"Yes of course, I'll wake Zayn and Liam up, we'll see you at 7", I smile. "Yeah, see you."

I play some games on my phone and around 6am I call Lottie, knowing she's already awake.

"Hey Lou, you okay?", she asks me worriedly as she picks up.

"Harry woke up", I grin. She squeals, "He did? Oh my god, I am so happy."

"Me too", I sigh. "How is he?"

I tell her the same things I told Niall and after talking to her for a while, the doctor comes back with Harry in his bed, sitting up and grinning widely.

"Gotta go, Lot. He's back, see you", I say quickly before hanging up.

The doctor puts Harry's bed back in place and he immediately grabs my hand.

"Hey, you can lift your arm!", I exclaim excitedly.

"He truly is a miracle", the doctor starts. "We've done all the tests and he doesn't seem to have any injuries due to the accident. He can already lift his arms and legs a bit, but can't take any weight. He can't walk yet, he'll have to learn that again."