8 Feet Apart

19/2

19/2

-

"Lisa, you ready to go?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah."

Then both of them put their backpack at the back and hop in the van.

Both of them are currently heading to an English debate competition. Hence, the reason why Mrs Jung wanted to meet them last week.

Both of them were selected to represent their school for the competition. Lisa might not be good at maths, but English is her strong subject.

Jungkook is sitting in the front, beside the driver and Lisa at the end of the van, since she still need a distance between them or she'll faint.

"Lisa, do you mind passing me my water bottle from my bag?"

"What are you going to do if I don't?"

"Then, I'mma choke you."

"Oo... Scary" Lisa mocked.

"You know what, you can be so annoying sometimes."

"I know."

"Why did I even like you in the first place?" Jungkook mumbled but unfortunately, it was heard by Lisa.

But she pretended to not hear what he said just now.

"Here, catch it." Lisa then tossed Jungkook's bottle to the front.

"What the heck?! You should have warned me."

"And I did warn you."

"Yeah but you should have warned me before tossing the bottle, not after."

"Aish, forget it." Jungkook sighed and drank his water. While Lisa was grinning at the back of the van, feeling satisfied for annoying him.

Then the whole journey to the English debate competition venue was silence.

"Okay kids, we're here." The driver said once they arrived at the venue.

-

Both of them just finished the debate competition, and is now waiting for the result. Lisa and Jungkook are not really nervous about the result, as they're confident that they are going to win based on what happened during the debate just now.

But you don't really know what can happen or going to happen.

The topic they got for the debate is mint chocolate ice cream. As both of them were choosen to be a supporter, it couldn't be any luckier as they like mint chocolate ice cream too. So it's easier for them.

"Attention to all participants, please gather at the speech hall as we'll be announcing the winner for each category." The speaker echoed.

Lisa and Jungkook then went to the speech hall as told and find a seat to settled down.

"Lastly, the winner for the debate category goes to JangHang High school."

Hearing what the announcer said, Lisa slumped into her seat, feeling sad that they didn't win.

"Let's get out of here." Lisa said and walk out the hall with Jungkook following from behind.

"Lisa, I'll treat you ice cream."

Lisa stopped and raised her head, looking at Jungkook upon hearing what he said.

"Mint chocolate ice cream." Jungkook added and Lisa just smile.

"Lets go."

But Jungkook didn't move.

"If only we can be 8 feet apart this time." Jungkook said.

"You cunning asshole." Lisa muttered but agree neitherless for the sake of free ice cream.

-