c h a p t e r • 7

-Mr. Giraffe-

Lili's POV

A bucket of paint is splashed onto me.

That's not the worst part. It was hot fudging pink!

I gasped.

"Now, we're even." There's that gorgeous smirk again. Wait, what. This paint must've made me delusional.

I glare at him.

"Fine. We're even." I say getting out of the locker and stumbling a bit. He reaches out to help me but retreats his hand. I glare at him even more if that's even possible.

"Good." He says and walks away with that stupid frown.

I walk to the ladies room which was across the girls locker room.

I look at myself in the mirror.

How in the name of giraffes am I going to get rid of this?

I sigh and decided to wear my extra clothes.

Where's my leather jacket?

I panicked and went back to the locker where I was hiding at.

It wasn't there.

"Where is it?!" I shout and kick the locker.

I can't lose it. I just can't. It's to important to me. To him.

I swallowed a lump in my throat.

Don't cry.

I figured I would get rid of the paint and change into something that's not covered in paint, then look for my most prized possession.

I turned on the shower and almost screamed at how cold the water was.

I ignored that and closed my eyes, bringing me back to when I was with him.

"Here you go." He says and puts on the leather jacket on me. "Don't ever lose it. Losing that would be like losing me. So when I'm not around, just remember, I'll always be with you."

"What do you mean by not around?" I ask. "Are you moving away?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Something like that. Just keep it safe alright." He says and hugs me tightly.

I opened my eyes only to find that I've been crying.

Why did he have to leave me?

I turned off the shower, dried myself with a school towel which I found in my locker, hoping it's clean, and put on my new clothes which consisted of high waisted blue denim ripped jeans and a black crop top with the words 'fuck life, eat food'.

I put on my black boots which surprisingly didn't get the dirty at all.

I wanted go home right now but I couldn't because one; I need to find my leather jacket. And two; I have detention with Mr. Giraffe.

I checked the mirror and cursed under my breath when there were pink 'highlights' on my hair.

Yippidy Tipidy!

So, I decided to check the arts room, wondering why I didn't search there in the first place and thankfully it was there and Mr. Giraffe, didn't vandalise it.

I hugged it tight and kissed my jacket.

I, then ran to the detention room so I wouldn't have detention for a whole month.