c h a p t e r • 20

-She's not someone to mess with.-

Lili's POV

I sat down next to him and leaned my head against the wall.

It was so quiet, I thought I was sleeping.

"So, what are we doing in a janitors closet?" I whisper.

He looks at me with those magnetic hazel eyes that seems to pull me closer, everytime.

His face was almost unreadable.

Almost.

Not to brag but I'm amazing when it comes to reading people.

It's a talent.

He looks at me with that expression he sometimes has when we're together.

He wants something. But he can't have it. He knows he has to stay away, but he can't. He wants it. Just like how I know I want back that pizza slice but I can't have it anymore.

"What can't you have?" I blurt out and frown at him.

His body tenses and it looks like he's trying to put up a wall.

No wall is too high for me to climb. Well, except physically. I suck at climbing.

"Nothing." He looks away. "You know, I still want answers from what happened that day."

I tense up.

"Don't." I warn him. "Don't pry into this if you care about your life." I say looking down. "I can't have anyone else dying because of me." I mutter in the softest voice even I barely heard it.

"Lili, please. I need to know." He pleads.

"No!" I shout getting up. "Why do you even care?! It's none of your business and I don't want anyone interfering with any of this!" I snap at him unintentionally and ran out of the janitor's closet.

I ran out the school doors and got into my car.

I started the engine and sped out of the school gates with full speed.

I glare at the road in front of me, gripping onto the steering wheel until my knuckles start turning white.

I swerved off the other cars. At this point, I don't care if I get into an accident, anymore.

"Fuck!" I swear when I knocked over a garbage can.

There were no cars around by now.

Barely anyone comes here.

"I won't cry. I won't cry." I mutter to myself.

"I'm fine. I'm okay." I plaster on fake smile as I speed up more if that's even possible.

"It's okay. There's nothing to worry about." I fake smile as tears stream down my face.

"I hate this! Come out! Come out now!" I shout like a mad woman.

"Kill me now! The whispers are everywhere!" I scream.

"She's going crazy."

"She lost her mind."

"What happened to her?"

"She's that murderer."

"She killed him."