c h a p t er • 38

A/n: so, I just wanted to say that this book was really starting to sound like a book I read and I swear, I didn't realise it at first because that book isn't completed yet and had slow updates so I accidentally made it a little similar. I'm so sorry. I talked to the author about it and she thankfully wasn't really pissed off and I'm not sure if I should change the names to make it sound less similar. I'm sorry again. And from now on, Ava's name is back to Lili and is no longer Ava so there's no Ava in this story starting from this chapter since I'm too lazy to change it. Lolll. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Lili's POV

Wait, what?

"Isn't she...dead?" I ask slowly.

Maybe his mind is still messed up from the concussion.

He smiles.

Okay, his brain is definitely messed up.

"She visited me in my sleep." He says as if it was nothing.

"I think I'm confused." I say. Now, I feel like I'm the confused and messed up brain instead of him.

He chuckles and puts a strand of hair behind my ear as I look up at him.

"It sounds crazy but it felt so real. It was as if she was with me. She told me to take my chance with you and seek what I crave or something like that." He says and I nod slowly.

"What happened to her?" I blurt out. "I mean-you don't have to tell me. Forget I ever asked." I ramble, regretting my words.

Stupid girl. Why must I be such a dumbass?

"I told you she died before, right? She didn't just die, though. She was killed. Right in front of my eyes while I couldn't do anything but watch as the life was drained out of her." He sucks in a deep breath and exhale shakily.

I caressed his arm and rubbed it.

"It's okay. We'll talk about it next time." I say. "Let's sleep for now."

He purses his lips and nod.

I snuggle my head into his chest which vibrates meaning he was laughing.

"What would Kyle think of us?" I whisper.

His body tenses a little before he recovered.

"He knows...about my feelings for you." He says, playing with my hair.

"Oh." I say. "What was his reaction?"

"He was mad. He didn't want me to be alone with you anymore. He said I would only hurt you and he's not wrong." He sighs.

I bit the inside of my lip.

"Would you hurt me?" I ask.

"Not intentionally. But I can't promise you that you'll never get hurt if you're with me." He says.

"What if I get hurt?" I ask again.

"I chose you for a reason, Shortcake. You are strong. Very strong. I chose you because I knew from the moment I met you, you were equally as fucked up as I am. You were right for me but I tried to ignore it. I didn't want to hurt you, but I couldn't help it. You're perfectly imperfect and that's why I lo-want you." He says.

"You can't want me anymore." I say.

"Why-" I cut him off.

"You already have me." I say and kiss his chest because I'm too lazy to kiss him.

"Do you have me, too?" He asks, teasingly.

"Of course. Ever since I first kissed you." I blush.