c h a p t e r • 13

-there goes my Disney marathon-

Lili's PoV

I'm hungry. I'm hungry. I'm hungry.

Food. Food. Food.

Eat. Eat. Eat.

The voice in my head chanted over and over again as I descend the stairs and my feet take me to the kitchen in my fuzzy socks.

I open the sacred treasure we humans call refrigerator and I stare at what's inside in awe.

"Food! My baby!" I say and take a tray of chocolate cake and a tub of ice cream to my room.

I logged into my laptop and set Tangled on the screen.

I was about to press play but my phone rang and I groaned.

I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"What?" I say in a bored tone.

"It's about Caleb. I think we found something suspicious about his death." The familiar voice said.

"What did you find?" Suddenly being interested in this call, I sat on my bed.

"Okay. So, remember how you almost got kidnapped by a bunch of guys while you were at his house?" He reminded me.

"Of course. I kicked their asses and taught them not to kidnap a girl who's boyfriend had just died in front of her eyes." Those idiots should really think of using a frying pan instead of a wooden bat.

"You told me, they both had half a skull but both the same half tattoo right?" He says.

"Just tell me already." I was getting frustrated by this.

"I found out that the tattoo is from a gang called Crushed Skulls. And the reason why they tried kidnapping you was because they knew you were his girl and Caleb somehow got himself in trouble with these people which is why I think they killed him and faked it to look like he committed suicide. But of course, I made a research on my own. The authorities don't know about this." He says.

That would make sense.

"And I don't think it was him they were after." He says.

"What do you mean?" My heartbeat accelerated.

"I think it was you." My eyes widen.

"What?" I was beyond shock. I was numb and paralysed.

What would they want from me?

"I checked his phone calls and messages. They wanted you but he wouldn't give you up. Their leader wanted you. I don't think he has given up." My eyes were as wide as saucers.

"Are you saying..." I trail off.

"Yes, Ava. He still wants you and he's still looking for you." He says simpathically.

"Why?!" I say feeling frustrated.

"Caleb got in big trouble with them. The only way he could get out of it was if he gave you to them. He didn't want that. So, they killed him. They want you because, you're rich, you can fight, you can streetrace and well, you're...a girl." He says.

"I...I need to go." I say and hang up.

I take my hoodie and put it on with my sweatpants.

There goes my Disney marathon.

I walk out my room and went downstairs.

"Kyle, tell mum I'm going out." I say without a hint of emotion in my voice when I passed by Kyle and Ryder watching TV in the living room.

"Okay? Be careful!" He says.

I walk out the door and the huge gates.

I walk and walk aimlessly. It starts raining and I just run aimlessly, tears rolling down my face and my body soaked.

Why couldn't he just told me? He wouldn't have been killed if he did.

Why?

Why me?!

Why him!?

He didn't deserve to die.

But they killed him.

I didn't know only until 5 months has passed.

They think I've moved on and he's just a boyfriend.

When I first moved to Australia, I was clueless and naive and stupid.

But then he came. He showed me love and everything I ever needed. Including, himself.

He was everything I ever needed. I would die for him. But he died first. For me.

It's my fault.

All my fault.

I broke down on the sidewalk, just crying while it was pouring crazily but I didn't care.

There weren't any cars on the street.

Who in their crazy minds would be outdoors in a weather like this?

Oh, right. Me.

It was getting darker and I was getting colder by the second but I didn't care.

Who would care about me anyways?

I buried my face in my chest and knees and cried silently until I felt a pair of arms around me.

"Are you crazy?!" He hugs me tight and I try pushing away but he wouldn't budge.

After a couple of tries, I gave up and cried on his shoulder.

One of his hands is holding an umbrella and the other is around me.

"What are you doing here? It's dangerous." My voice came out hoarse and ugly.

"Let's go, Shortcake." He says and carries me in his car.

He covers me in a blanket and turns the heater on but I still shook uncontrollably. He starts driving slowly and focusing on the road.

"You must be out of your mind to go out in a weather like that." He exclaims.

"You must be stupid to drive in a weather like this." I retort and sneezed. "Oh great."

"Why were you crying?" He says softly.

Because some gang leader wants to practically kidnap me and I found he killed my one true love and is now looking for me. Why do you ask?

"Stuff." I say looking out the window.

"I tried." He mumbles.

"Remember what you said at the bonfire. When you forced me to wear your sweatshirt?" I say.

"I did? What did I say?" He says.

Thank God he was drunk.

"Never mind." I say.

"Don't stress too much." He says. "It looks ugly on you."

Way to ruin the mood.

"Thanks for the meaningful advice, Mr. Ifrownandstressallthetime." I say rolling my eyes.

He chuckles but covers it with a cough.

I smile almost forgetting about what happened earlier.

-•-

A/n: I bet you guys didn't see that coming. Actually, neither did I. I just thought of this while I typed away. So, it was a random idea that popped in my head when I was writing.

Am I the only one who doesn't really think of the plots before writing and just write to their hearts content?

Lol. Okay. Love you guys!❤️