c h a p t e r • 41

Lili's POV

"I love you, Liliana Ava De Ville." He says with a soft smile and a longing look in his eyes as he caresses my cheek.

"I know." I grinned. "I love you, too, Ryder Blacc the Giraffe."

He gives me a devilish grin as he leans in to kiss me.

I respond to it immediately, both of us smiling in our kiss.

We pull away, chuckling.

"I'll never get tired of kissing you." He says, giving me a peck on my lips.

"Who wouldn't?" I grinned.

He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me closer as we watch the sunset.

-•-

We walk out of Ryder's car and to my car.

I leaned against my car and stare at him as he stares at me, both of us with a smile dancing on our faces.

"See you tomorrow, I guess?" I say and he nods.

"Or I can sneak into your room again?" He suggests making me chuckle.

"Why not?" I smirk as he leans in to kiss me.

"I'll see you later." He says and I nod.

I got in my car and pulled the window down as I wave at him and he smiles.

"Drive safely." He says.

"You too." I say and speed out of the parking lot.

...

I snuck in the backdoor but unfortunately, my mum was sitting in the kitchen.

"Were you waiting for me?" I say feeling bad and she nods before ushering me to her.

I purse my lips and sat across from her.

"You don't talk to me anymore." She sighs and again I felt horrible.

"I'm sorry, mum. I just...I didn't mean to." I sigh, looking down.

"Talk to me. What's going on on your life? What happened last night?" She asks and I gulp.

"I...When I moved to England, I didn't change. As cringy as it sounds, I just found myself. I found my first love, too. But he died." I sighed.

My mum holds my hand and gives it a little squeeze.

"Well, atleast that's what I thought. He faked his own death to, I don't know, leave me or something. Now, a gang is out to kidnap or kill me and I'm dating a flipping gang leader who happens to be Kyle's bestfriend!" I blurt out.

Her eyes widen in shock as I mimick her expression once I've realised what I said.

"W-what? How the hell did I not know all of this?" She exclaims.

I shrug.

"Y-you. Are you talking about Ryder? Does Kyle know? Which gang wants to steal my foolish daughter?" My mum rambles.

I scoff but cover it up with a cough, knowing my mum's antics.

"Stupid Crushed Skulls." I say, a swear word slipping out.

"Those rascals." My mum glared at the marble countertop.

"You know them?" I ask and she nods.

"Well, kinda. But judging from your dad's comments and stories about them, I know they are as annoying pesky little things as they are said about." She huffs.