12. Going Downhill

Reyansh's party has been such a fiasco but little did I know, I was going to face more drama at school the next day.

I went to meet Lisa before classes started. I wanted to know what had happened between her and Omkara. But she gave me another flabbergasting news.

Mr Madan had met with an accident the previous night and both his legs were broken. He had had to undergo a surgery and wouldn't be able to return to school for at least two weeks!

God! This meant we now didn't have a head for the cultural club!

I knew I was being cheap minded, thinking about the show instead of Suhrit sir but at least, he was out of danger now. And hey! I was thankful for it! I was not a vain, thick headed, selfish bitch.. like.. well.. some people I know! But still! The show was at stake now!

"So now what will happen?" I asked her.

"What do you mean what will happen? Go and ask your bhaiya", Lisa replied dully.

I didn't exactly want to tell her, "Sorry Lisa, but I am not on talking terms with my bhaiya either. And with Suhrit sir gone, we've reached a dead end on all sides. Our show is screwd!".

I left Lisa's classroom and went to look for Omkara but I didn't have to look for long. I found him in the library. He saw me and unlike the previous day, did not get up and leave. I went and sat in the chair opposite to him.

"Bhaiya, I really need to speak to you.."

But he cut me across, "Riya, Suhrit sir is no longer available. I have spoken to Principal Rajvansh. Suhrit sir will be replaced. We have to go and speak to that teacher whoever it is. There's a meeting at the cafeteria next period."

I was completely lost for words, "Uhh..right" I mumbled finally. I had come to apologise to him but here he was, talking like nothing had happened.

"Bhaiya - -" I started again.

"I know what you're going to say. You don't call me bhaiya for nothing. But just forget about last night Riya".

Great! The topic had ended before it had started. But I was not exactly complaining.

He was not smiling. But still! At least our animosity had come to an end.

I didn't exactly want to pester him but soon my mouth got the better of me. As usual.

"So what's with Lisa?" I blurted out.

He looked at me and for one moment I thought, he was going to slap me. Again.

But then he said dryly, "Don't know" and then immediately went back to reading his book. I got my hint and raced out of the library.

The next period I made my way to cafeteria for the meeting. But guess who was parading down the corridor, like she owned the place or something?

Loukya Khanna! That's who!

"Where are you going?" she snapped at me.

"To the cafeteria. For the arts club meeting".

Loukya ma'am looked at me with an almost piteous expression on her face. "Since Suhrit sir, most unfortunately is in no condition to organize to show he has been replaced by another teacher who will conduct this meeting", she said in a most aggravating tone.

I thought I knew what was coming.

"Who is it?" I asked. Somehow I already knew the answer.

"Me" she almost sneered. My heart dropped like a stone, even though I had expected that answer. I stared at her.

I knew she loathed me. And yet she was the Head of the Fine Arts Club now and I was the Fine Arts Secretary. We had to work together for the next two weeks! This was disastrous!

"So is there a meeting in the cafeteria now?" I asked tentatively.

"Ah yes. But not in the cafeteria. I am not talking anything over fafdas or rasagullas. We're not going on a picnic. So I've asked everyone to go to the music room in the second floor".

"But the room has been locked for a long time", I said.

"Well, I have only just cleaned it and I hopefully it will match up to your standards of cleanliness", she mocked.

"Okay".. I said and tried to escape when she caught my arm and pulled me back.

"Why don't ever plait your hair?" she snapped, glaring at my ponytail dancing behind me, "Ah yes, rules are for lesser mortals, aren't they? Not for the great Riya Dixit!"

My head felt like it was going to burst.

I want to slam my notebook on her face but resisted the temptation and pulled out my hair and started braiding it as I climbed the staircase.

As soon as I entered the music room, I saw that Loukya ma'am had already inflicted her gloomy personality upon the place.

Dark coloured curtains were drawn over the windows, obstructing the path of day light. The room was damp. Aha! Loukya had tried to the mop the musty floor and had failed miserably. The room was also enriched with the smell of insect spray. I couldn't believe a room like this existed in our otherwise immaculately clean elite school campus.

I mean, our school has 103 rooms in all. And a ginormous hall! Why did Loukya ma'am have to choose this accursed music room?! To get back at us.

Right!

But somebody else seemed more unhappier than me with the arrangement. That's right - it was Aaliyah!

"Eww..the stench in this room is gelling with my designer perfume and it's giving me a migraine", she complained to Maya.

This cheered me up slightly, though I was not cheerful at all when we came out of that room half an hour later.

Loukya ma'am was not happy with a lot of things. She wanted the costumes and stuffs changed. Just great!

But I was also slightly grateful since we hadn't brought anything yet! How much more drama was Loukya ma'am going to create in the show? God!

A/N : Hey guys. Thank you for all the reads so far. It means a lot! If you enjoyed this chapter, please do leave me your vote before clicking through. Thank you so much.

Lots of love.