32. Show Time

We left Reyansh and Zoya backstage and hurried into the hall when we were in for another surprise.

Only this time, it was a pleasant one!

Suhrit sir was back! He beamed around at all of us. His legs still had bandages but he was able to walk now.

We told him about all the drama that had taken place since he had left. He was astounded to hear it.

"One student burns up the store room. Another tries to get run over. This school is one crazy place!" Suhrit sir was shaking his head in disbelief.

Despite the enormity of the situation, I grinned at him.

But he was not looking at me. "I don't think I'll be coming back next year. This drama is too much for me to handle!"

"Zoya will be upset to hear that" I told Abeer who was standing next to me, "She was very fond of Suhrit sir".

Abeer looked at me, amused.

Soon Zoya came on stage and she was, as expected, phenomenal!

Aaliyah's performance had been automatically called off but I for once wasn't missing her.

The other performances rolled over and finally the show closed with our brilliant orchestra!

I thought I was going to burst with pride and excitement!

There was loud hooting and howling all over the place. It was now time for the DJ night!

The DJ we had hired turned on the music. He played a slow number and everyone started dancing.

Suddenly Abeer prodded me, "Congratulations. The show was swell. It was all your hard work".

"Oh don't be stupid. I wasn't alone".

"By the way did I tell you how great you look in that outfit?"

"No you didn't" I said bluntly, "And you don't look bad either".

"Oh I do what I can", he said with a mockly dramatic sigh.

"So.." he gestured to the dance floor and I grinned and took his arm.

Neither of us were incredible dancers. But hey, it's the thought that counts.

We joined all our other classmates and soon the song changed into a Ranveer Singh's party number.

And somewhere I spotted Krish doing the signature step of that song.

Fortunately Ranveer Singh was not around to see his hook step being massacred so cruelly!

Finally, we all sat down for the dinner. There were plenty of courses and we all gathered around debating which one to have first.

I couldn't believe how much struggle this show had been. But it had been worth it.

And Zoya had been right. Mishti hadn't given up on us, Reyansh wasn't guilty and my parents' divorce had been called off too. So my gut had been right all the way, after all.

I knew Aaliyah would come back in a few days and Varun would be back for the exams.

But in spite of that, I was starting to feel maybe Zoya had been right about the other thing too and I and my BFF'S might actually survive high school. And still be normal.

Though the last bit was definitely unlikely since I never remember being normal in my life. And I actually liked it that way..

A/N : Oh My God! We're actually done! Thank you so much to all you guys for actually completing the story.

I've tried to comprehend my gratitude in a few words. Please do turn over to read it. 

And one last time, before you pass this chapter - please do leave your valuable vote guys !

Thank you! Much love as always.