31. Realities Unleashed

"You?!" I screamed.

"Yeah. Me" Maya said looking around at us apprehensively.

God! That girl's BFF had been sent to the hospital for being a complete psycho, not two hours ago! But it seemed like Maya's air filled head hadn't deflated one bit even after all the drama!

"What the hell are you doing here?" Varun snapped at Maya unexpectedly.

"You see Varun, I unlike you don't have any psychotic records and have every right to be here. You on the other hand, are a criminal! So get lost!" Maya said contemptuously.

"But Mishti invited me here. I got her message".

"What message?" asked Mishti blankly.

"This one!" Varun said pulling out his phone from his suit.

"I didn't send you any message!" Mishti snapped.

"Mishti I know I was hard on you last time. I am sorry. Give me a chance. I know you are seeing me too. Why else would you write such a message to me? Are you afraid to admit it in front of everyone? Leave that loser Reyansh and come with me", he gabbled.

This was too much! I immediately rounded on him. But Mishti intervened.

"What is this stupid message you're talking about? I never sent you one", she said angrily.

Maya laughed cruelly at Varun and said, "Can't you still see it, dumbo? Mishti never sent you any message. Aaliyah did!".

"What? How?"

"She stole Mishti's phone from outside the bathroom and sent that message to you"

"So the message wasn't from Mishti? " Varun asked gravely.

"That's right Romeo! Don't tell me you thought Mishti was into you! Not after all the criminal work that you've done! We know how you have been crushing on Mishti forever! But she is into Reyansh. The whole school knows they're about them! Aaliyah is a certified psycho but her plan worked like a charm! You lovesick losers will fall for anything".

Varun looked like he was going to kill Maya. But Reyansh spoke first.

"Stop it Maya", he said "I've been tolerating your shit for the last few months. But not anymore. I am going to tell mom, everything!"

Maya smirked, "Mom?"

"Yes Maya. Our mom."

Mishti dropped her glass of smoothie. It fell on the floor and crashed into pieces. My jaw dropped. I thought I hadn't heard it right. No. It couldn't be.

Abeer looked at Reyansh like he was crazy, "Bro, what do you mean our mom?" he asked.

"Oh my God!" Zoya opened her mouth "this means.."

"That's right", Maya said, "Mr Reyansh - the boyfriend of the century here, is my brother".

There was silence.

"I am not her real brother. I am her step brother. My mother married her father a few years back. That's why I stayed with my dad in Pune till last year. My mom brought me here after I was expelled", Reyansh said pointedly staring at the ceiling.

I couldn't believe it! Reyansh was such a bizzare guy with such a bizarre life.

There was a faint tint of fear in Maya's face but she stood there defiantly trying not to show it.

"Varun get out of here", said Zoya suddenly.

I'd almost forgotten he was there!

Varun stared at all of us distaste, put his phone back into his suit and walked out of the backstage without looking back. Suddenly I felt a little less angry with Varun. He was acting so weird. But that was only because he liked Mishti. I actually felt slightly sorry for him.

Not!

Hey! That guy had almost ruined our show! There's no way I was going to forgive him!

Reyansh looked at Maya again, "I can't believe how much drama you and your creepy friend Aaliyah have created. Sorry sis, but I am taking this home!".

"What?! And I can't believe you just threw me under the bus like that", Maya shot back.

"You girls almost ruined this big day with your stupid catfights! You should be ashamed!" snapped Reyansh.

"But now you're going to take this home and my allowance for the whole of next year might be cancelled or worse I might be ostracized from the family! I am the real loser here dear brother! And I'll get back at you for this", Maya said angrily.

"Well I don't know about anything else. But the bit about you being a loser is completely true Maya!" I burst out at her, "Now, does your backstage drama have an intermission? Because all of us have a show to attend. So if you would please excuse us.."

Maya gave me a poisonous look and flounced out of the backstage area. I sighed.

What a fiasco!

"Anybody else got any more drama to create?" I asked to the backstage, at large. Reyansh laughed and shook his head.

"So before the show begins, shall we make the happy ending official? Group hug!" cried Zoya.

Zoya, Mishti, Abeer, Reyansh and I all huddled into a group hug and just then we heard the hall clock strike seven.

A/N : So that's it guys! The main story is now officially over. I'm hoping you liked the Maya-Reyansh family twist. 

Just one more fun bit of the story remains. Turn over for the last part.

And please don't forget to leave your vote before moving on. Thank you! Lots of love.