21. Culprit On The Scene

"Who?" I asked.

"Reyansh" she said simply.

It took a second to register.

"What?" I asked, flabbergasted. "Don't be stupid"

"You gave him the key remember?"

"But it can't be him. He's not a thief" I said now a little desperately.

"How do we know?"

"He's our friend!"

"He's still the new guy!"

"But we - -"

"Okay yeah, he's supposed to be our friend. And we went to that exotic birthday party of his! But still we have known him only for less than two months. Besides we know Reyansh was expelled from his old school. He's got a criminal record!"

"Oh come off it Zoya" I said incredulously "Okay let's assume he did sabotage the stuff and take away the laptop. What use would it be for him? We all know he is super rich. I am sure his gym wear would cost more than my mobile!"

"He wants to sabotage the cultural festival. There's no other explanation."

"But why?"

"Well, Reyansh always wanted to go back to Pune, didn't he? And remember you told me, he'd be taken back to Pune if he got an excellent report. This is it! So he thought this was a good opportunity for him to create some drama and do some hero work. And with that hero certificate, he'd clear his criminal record and fly back to his beloved Academy, Kaila or Kilara or whatever the hell that is" Zoya finished dramatically.

I almost felt like laughing. "You know what Zoya, that really is such a far fetched story".

"Far fetched but possible" said Zoya defiantly.

This was insane. How could Reyansh be a thief?

Slowly a sickening feeling started to sink in. Maybe he had planned everything, got the key from me, created the short circuit and had taken away the laptop too.

But my instincts refused to accept it.

Was this possible?

"But we can't act without knowing anything for sure" I said.

"Yeah we don't have proof", said Zoya ruefully.

"Don't you think we should talk to Reyansh about it?" I asked tentatively.

"I wanted to catch him in the act but we hardly have time to do any detective work. We have to confront him. That's it."

"I still find it difficult to believe. Have you told anybody else?" I asked.

"Yes Varun and Abeer know. In fact Varun was the one who figured it out first and told me that when he turned up at Reyansh's house yesterday evening, he was not at home. He came home late. So where was he? He was here, sabotaging our stuff! And he gave the store room key to Loukya mam, only today morning. It is such a simple plan Riya!".

I was shocked. It was becoming more and more likely that Reyansh was behind everything!

Suddenly something else struck me, "Zoya..there's one more thing"

"What?"

"Have you thought.. I mean.. What.. What about Mishti?" I asked ruefully, "Was the relationship also a facade then?"

"Oh God!" Zoya cried and put her hands to her head. "Riya, if it was a facade, then Mishti will be devastated. Both of us for once, know she was more serious about Reyansh than Biology homework. Reyansh's disgusts me. I am going to break that bastard's face" Zoya stomped her foot angrily.

"Well then I suppose we'll have to confront him" I said finally, though my head felt like it was going to explode.

"Ok, come on lets go" Zoya said.

"What? Now?" I asked, shocked.

"Then? Riya, our show is only two days away! There is no time to think. Things have to be put right. NOW!", Zoya said angrily and marched out of the classroom. I stared after her in desperation.

She was so convinced that Reyansh WAS behind everything.

God!

Inspite of agreeing to confront Reyansh, a part of me was still desperately hoping that he was not guilty!

A/N : Hey lovelies! Hope you guys had fun :) More drama coming up. So do keep reading.

Please do leave your valuable votes and comments. Thank you. Lots of love!