Chapter 4

My eyes slowly drifted open, and the first thing I noticed was how sterile the room was. Everything was white. The next thing I noticed was the dull throb coursing through my body. My eyes widened at the though of going to the hospital because one of the first things they see.. 

I looked to my arms, and sure enough there was heavy bandaging all along it. One of my arms even had a cast.  Then I noticed Todoroki. He was passed out on a chair by the hospital bed. He looked really cute while he slept... 

I didn't know I was staring until a voice broke me out of my trance. 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" Todoroki smirked. I gave a halfhearted giggle, my throat raspy from lack of hydration. Then Todoroki all of a sudden went serious. 

"Who did this to you?" he asked. I turned away from him, gripping the sheets in my lap. I blinked back tears. 

"I uh... I tripped-" 

"Don't even try that! You tripping wouldn't fucking do this!" I flinched at Todoroki's yelling. Then he snapped out of it, a look of concern and regret on his face. "I'm sorry, but you need to tell at least the police." I shook my head. 

"They'll get in trouble..." I murmured. Todoroki looked at me, exasperation written across his face. He sighed. 

"They..." Todoroki looked at his feet, and was visibly shaking. "They bruised you, and cut you... and locked you in the storage. You had internal bleeding, a sprained ankle, a broken wrist, and several bruised ribs." I opened my mouth to counter, but Todoroki was not done. "If I hadn't found you when I did, you could be dead right now." I saw a tear slip off of his face. 

I finally realized how much Todoroki had been worried. 

"It's fine, see I'm fine," I spread my okay arm, tears brimming my eyes. Todoroki moved into an embrace. I could feel him sobbing into my shoulder. I hugged him tighter as I felt tears dribble down my face a well. "I'm fine" 

After Todoroki had calmed down, I ended up asking were my mom was. 

"I don't know, here I'll check my messages." Todoroki answered. 

Apparently she had left a few minutes before we woke up to get some coffee, and sure enough she was back in a few minutes. When she saw that I was awake, tears brimmed her eyes and she launched at me. She arms wrapped around me and pulled my head against her. 

"Oh Izuku I was so worried! When the hospital told me that you were injured I assumed the worst! I'm so glad your awake I-" 

"Mom I'm fine" I cut her off. She pulled back a little, sniffling. I smiled at her, confirming my well being. 

"Okay, so I called the police and they're going to ask about who did it so they ca-" Before my mom could finish I started to panic. 

"N-no no mom!" I interrupted yet again, panic written across my face. My mom seemed to notice and looked at me with concern. She pulled me in for another hug. 

"It's all right dear, you're not going to get into trouble with this, the police want to help." She whispered in my ear. I nodded slowly. 

"I love you mom" I mumbled. 

When the police got around to talking with me, I had at least my mom stay in the room. She explained my anxiety to the police, so they were happy to oblige. 

"Do you feel safe at home?" The police woman asked. "Or at your apartment or dorm?" 

"Yeah, I feel the most safe when I'm at home with my mom or in my dorm with Todoroki-Kun" I answered.