Chapter 8

Thursday lunch time

I followed Kirishima and Kacchan down the halls. It was weird to see Kacchan like this, his fingers intertwined with Kirishima's, and his other hand fidgeting, almost like he was nervous. I was chewing on my lip and picking at my nails. I did have some good memories of Kacchan, but the most fresh were of my high school years. High wasn't fun, my depression started up, I had my first panic attack, I nearly jumped off a few rooftops. And that was only the internal stuff. 

I hopped into the back seat of the car, Kirishima next to me and Kacchan driving. I was running through my mind what Kacchan wanted to talk to me about, but I knew Kirishima. He wouldn't let Kacchan do anything to bad, right? 

"You okay?" Kirishima asked. I mentally cursed myself, I probably looked like I was being held at gun point I was so scared. I regained my composure, then turned to him. 

"F-Fine, just a little nervous," I smiled. Kirishima nodded, then went back to talking to Kacchan. I continued staring out the window, speculating Kacchan's decision. 

Suddenly we pulled up in front of a cafe. Kacchan parked, and we all walked in silence to the Cafe. It was horribly awkward, and to top it off Kacchan refused to look at me. I gulped. This was going to be worse than expected. 

We found a table, and sat waiting for the waitress. 

"I-I..." I looked up to Kacchan. He was staring down at the menu, a scowl on his face. 

"W-When we were in middle school and high school..." He stuttered. I looked down at my menu. I hated remembering those years, loosing friends, and internal things and all. 

"I-I'm sorry..." My eyes widened. He was sorry? I looked u, the best smile I could muster on my face. 

"F-For what?" I asked. He glared up at me. I quickly realized my mistake and waved my hands in front of my face. 

"I-I didn't mean it...! I-I-... Y-you don't have to answer!" I exclaimed. I heard a snort next to me. 

"You two are so awkward." Kirishima giggled. I frowned in his direction. I looked down at my hands folded in my lap. 

"I-I just d-didn't know wh-why he apologized." I muttered. "He didn't do anything wrong." 

I jumped back in surprise as a hand slammed on the table. 

"I didn't do anything fucking wrong!?" Kacchan shouted. "I was awful to you!" I flinched slightly. 

He didn't need to say what he did back then. He knew that to, it was better left unsettled. 

"Izuku?" I swiveled my head to Kirishima. I must've been looking afraid then. I tried settling my eyes and expression, but I picked at my nails. 

"I-It w-wasn't th-that b-bad..." I stuttered. I couldn't make eye contact with Kacchan. 

"Hi, is there anything you would like to order?" A cheerful voice asked, pulling me back to reality. 

"U-uh... Can I-I h-have a t-tea and a-a n-number B sandwich?" I asked. The waitress jotted it down, then turned to Kacchan and Kirishima for their orders. 

After the waitress left an awkward air settled on us. I picked at my glass of water, hoping to distract myself from he growing aura. 

"Look, I don't know the details," Kirishima said. "But I knew it was bad. Can you except his apology Izuku?" He asked. 

I stared at Kirishima for a solid thirty seconds, wondering how he could speak in such circumstances. I snapped out of it, then turned to Kacchan. He had his arms crossed and was glaring at his water.