Chapter 32

Izuku POV (You read that right) --

The soft darkness was broken with a blinding light. I couldn't bare to open my eyes, even though I felt the strength to do so seep back into me. My body hurt. Everything hurt. 

An itchy blanket was laying over the bottom half of me, I felt several IV's stuck in my arms, some sort of mask on my face, and if I wasn't mistaken bandages all over me. 

What had happened? The last thing I remember was... Was... I could't quite pinpoint when my last memory was. It was all chopped up, probably over two weeks of memories, all shoved together in the wrong order. 

My head started to hurt just thinking about it. 

Then my nose picked up a smell. A small scent, but easily recognized by me. 

"..shoto...?" I breathed, my nose smelling the rose's. I loved roses. Why would I smell them though? Where am I to begin with? 

I finally forced my eyes open, and what they were met with filled my heart with the smallest flutter of joy. 

My mom, leaned back in a chair, empty coffee cups next to her. Shoto draped over my lap, snoring quietly. 

I wanted to talk to them so bad, but I refused to wake them up. 

That's when I noticed it. A small box was poking out of Shoto's jacket pocket. 

Had he received jewelry? That's a really small box... Oh no! What if while I was asleep, he got proposed to!? How long had I been asleep!? 

I felt myself panicking slightly. Was I asleep so long that he was forced to move on? Was he married? Did he have his own house? His own kids? 

I leaned backwards on my bed. I couldn't deal with this sort of stress now, not with my body acing so bad. 

Instead, I moved my hand over to Shoto's face. Even if he was married, they couldn't blame me for still loving him, right? 

I rested my hand on top of his head, stroking his hair lovingly. I felt peace as I watched his chest rise and fall. He's so pretty. 

Suddenly his breath seemed to hitch. He seemed awake, but refused to look up. 

"Shoto?" I managed to rasp out. 

His face slowly lifted, staring right into my eyes. He had tears pricking at the corner of his eyes, which were wider than I had ever seen them. 

"Is it... is it really you? Are you really awake?" He asked shakily, almost seeming afraid that I could drift away at any moment. 

I took his hand in mine, forcing my cracked lips into a smile. 

"Yeah," I answered softly. 

All Shoto could muster for an hour was half-choked sobs and kisses. He kissed everywhere that he had access to without disturbing anything. 

I could've sworn my mom woke up halfway into this, but she just kept leaning against the wall. 

"Shoto, I love you, but I think you should call a nurse or something. They probably have to check vitals and such," I cooed, patting Shoto's hand lightly. 

"No.... I... just want a bit more time...." He whined, flopping back down next to me. 

"How long was I out?" I asked. 

Shoto visibly swallowed. 

"Two months," He stammered. 

It could've been worse, right? 

I layed my good arm around him, pulling him into a tighter hug. Even though my muscles screamed at me to stop, I kept my arm tightly around him, kissing the top of is head lightly. 

"Why don't we give my mom a turn, I know she woke up twenty minutes ago," I said softly. 

Shoto nodded slightly before shrinking back into his chair. I heard my mom giggle before opening her eyes to look at me. Tears were pricked at the edges, and I knew if Shoto wasn't here she would be full on sobbing. 

"Oh honey..." 

Ochako POV--- 

I checked my phone, having just left my shift at the restaurant. I was checking it almost obsessively these days, just in case Tsuyu or Iida got into an accident. I really had nothing to fear, they both were extremely safe. Still...

Shoto: You should probably come to the hospital. Bring everyone to. 

Ochako: Why? 

Shoto: Izuku wants to see them. 

I smiled softly. Shoto was still pretending Izuku was awake, and just biding his time until the hospital released him. 

Ochako: I can bring Iida and Tsuyu. Everyone else is either in classes or at work. 

Shoto: Okay... thanks

I called everyone, telling them about how Shoto wanted us to check up on Izuku. 

If I had known what I would see there, I would've brought flowers or something. 

Shoto POV-- 

I shut my phone off, turning back to Izuku and his mom. Inko was hugging him, and talking quietly with him. I should probably give them some privacy, but it was a little late now. Izuku obviously didn't want to make a big deal of everything, so that's probably why he asked me to text Ochako. 

I honestly don't know what I would've done if he hadn't woken up. I couldn't bare the thought of continuing on without him. I barely could make myself do anything while he was in a coma. I even put off my next year of college, saying I had family issues come up. 

In two months, so much had changed, while Izuku was asleep. 

My father went to prison after he threatened my sister in front of her class. 

A new All Might movie had been released, where they killed of Endeavor. (They couldn't keep the character alive with the actor in prison.) 

Momo and Jiro had started dating. 

Tsuyu was asking for advice on how she should propose to Ochako. 

Iida graduated grad school, and was looking for a job at Microsoft. 

Nothing had changed for Izuku, which was probably the saddest thing of all. 

But I would change that. As soon as he was cleared from the hospital, I was taking him straight out on a date and proposing to him. His life should never ever have to stand still. 

----

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

I'm a flaky author

Sorry for the late update

I have literally no excuse

So.... I think the next chapter might be the last one? Then we can do a pole on what I should write next, and then I'll update what I'm writing next along with some random facts about this fanfiction. (ie, whole word count, how I started writing this) 

Anyhoo, I should be able to reply to your comments again soon, and I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! (First happy one in a while!)