Chapter 33

Shoto's POV--

Izuku finally made it out of the hospital after another month. When he left, all he had was a sprained ankle and a light bruise on his back. 

As soon as we made it to his room, I barely let him unpack before I asked him out on a date. He agreed of course, and I had roughly two hours to plan how to propose to him. 

Which I cursed myself for, because I could've easily asked him out tomorrow. 

I chose out a nice suit for me. 

I bought two small roses, one red and one painted green. 

I managed to make the ring box not stick out like I had a bomb in my pocket. 

I made a reservation for a really fancy restaurant that I still can't pronounce the name of.

I picked a beach that was supposed to be very private. 

Of course all this preparation could be for nothing and Izuku could turn me down, but oh well. I had picked out a secluded area so he wouldn't feel pressured by onlookers. And so if he refuses I can cry in peace. Or if he says yes. Honestly either way, I'm probably gonna cry. 

When had I become so emotional? Just a few months ago I had only ever cried a few times in my life, and now I was counting on myself crying. 

The last preparation I wanted to finish off, was preparing my speech. I of course had no clue how to even start, so I was practicing in front of the bathroom mirror with my final thirty minutes. 

"Izuku, I've loved you since I first layed eyes on..." I trailed off. "That's way to cheesy." 

Izuku POV--

Finally out of the hospital and already I get to go on a date with Shoto! I was super happy, since I hadn't had a lot of alone time with him since I woke up. 

I was back on Anti-depressants to. My therapist was seeing me every Thursday at 4:00 pm, and since then my mental health has started to improve again. 

Which meant that I was able to feel happy, without having presences of guilt or suspicion. Of course, I wasn't perfect yet. 

I put on my nicest suit, before taking a comb to my hair. Hopefully I wouldn't break it this time. 

I grabbed a box of chocolates from under my bed that I had been saving for this sort of occasion.  

I then sat awkwardly in my room, realizing I probably could've waited a bit longer to start getting ready. I had a solid hour and a half left. 

I leaned back against my bed, trying to think up something. He wants to go on a date. I have a suit on. I have a gift. Through a bit of struggle I managed to pin my hair back. 

Suddenly I shot up from where I was lying on my bed. 

What if he wanted a more casual date!?

I sprung up from my bed, and swiftly walked to his room. I even forgot to knock. I just kind of burst into his room. Probably a bad idea considering he could very easily be getting changed right now. 

"Shoto?" I called. 

I heard a small yelp, and a lot of shuffling come from the bathroom that came off this bedroom. 

"Y-yeah?" He stammered back. Did I just here Shoto stutter? 

"Is this a fancy date or a casual one? I mean, I've already dressed pretty fancy, but I realize that that's probably not a great idea considering it could be just like a casual thing, or-" I cut myself off, realizing I was rambling. 

"It's sort of a more fancy date, but you can wear whatever you want!" He called a bit more frantically from the bathroom. 

"Shoto? Are you okay in there?" I asked. He seemed far to panicked to be reasonable. 

"G-great!" 

I sighed softly. If he was doing weird things in there, it wasn't my business. 

"Okay, by shoto!" I called back before leaving the room. At least I didn't have to change. 

Shoto POV + Time skip-- 

Izuku seemed overly flustered all throughout dinner, probably considering how nice the dinner was. We need manage to keep up a decent string of conversation, but I only half payed attention. I kept trying to decide what it was that I was going to say. I didn't want it to be to casual, or to cheesy or... 

Well it's to late now. We were already driving to the beach, and Izuku seemed a bit confused. Hopefully he wouldn't catch on, but knowing him he would be clueless until I actually said 'will you marry me?'. 

We walked along the beach, keeping an almost serene silence. 

"Hey Izuku..." I said softly. He turned to me. 

"Yeah?" 

I breathed in and out, preparing myself for the worst. 

I leaned down, one knee hitting the ground. 

I straightened my back, reaching into my pocket for the ring. 

I pulled it out, managing to open the box without dropping it. 

"I... Izuku, I... I've loved you for so long and I-... You know what? Screw it," I finally muttered after fumbling over my words for a solid couple of minutes. "Will you marry me-" 

"Yes yes yes yes!" Izuku cried, practically jumping at me. I tumbled backwards a bit, his arms wrapped firmly around me. His head was buried in my shoulder, letting out a few half-sobs and 'yes's'. 

Izuku POV + Time skip-- 

Our wedding was amazing. We ended up choosing a smaller venue, with just some of our really close friends and my mom, and it was really casual. I even managed to say 'I do' without my voice cracking. 

Afterwards, me and Shoto collapsed in a hotel room (My mom rented us one for some privacy) and ended up spending the whole night crying, laughing, and cuddling. I always imagined my wedding night to go differently, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. 

We got out own apartment after 3 months, and around two years later we got a house. 

I worked as a nurse, and Shoto was a statistician. 

At 27 we adopted a girl who was 12, her name was Jessica. 

At 28, and through much nagging from Jessica, we adopted another girl who was 7. Her name was Lilly. 

At thirty, and through much nagging of me, Jessica and Lilly, we adopted a golden retriever. 

And I loved every second of my life from that moment on. 

(A/N Next chapter)