SCP-1351 - Moebius Cave

Fig

Fig. 1: Interior of SCP-1351, with four members of Expedition 01.

 1: Interior of SCP-1351, with four members of Expedition 01

Fig. 2: Same image, with false coloration to indicate location of expedition members. Yellow figures are on the "floor" relative to the camera; red figures are on the "ceiling" relative to the camera. Green lines indicate the boundary between local gravity fields.

Item #: SCP-1351

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures:SCP-1351 is contained onsite under the cover of a bat sanctuary with a standard perimeter fence and signs warning away unauthorized personnel. The permanent security team is to be covered as United States National Park Rangers and/or civilian speleologists. The access road to the entrance of SCP-1351 is to be marked "Authorized Vehicles Only" to match nearby park roads which are not open to the general public.

Personnel within SCP-1351 are to follow standard subterranean safety protocols.

All personnel must operate in groups no fewer than four, with each personnel equipped with at least three sources of light (one of which must not be dependent on batteries). In the event of a team member in distress, at least one individual must remain with the distressed individual, while at least two individuals must return to get help.Personnel must verbally inform at least two individuals (typically the site security watch officer and the on-duty research supervisor) of their intended destination within SCP-1351 and their intended return time, in addition to documenting their intentions in writing.Personnel must also carry sufficient food, water, and first aid equipment for twice their intended stay within SCP-1351.Any individual who becomes lost or separated should remain where they are and wait to be found.

The current Director of the United States National Park Service and the current Mammoth Cave National Park Superintendent are to be informed of the importance of maintaining containment; further information related to either SCP-1351 or the Foundation is to be disseminated to these individuals only in accordance with need-to-know and written authorization of O5 Command.