Fireworks

•~•~•

•~•~•

3rd POV

A Gnome sits on one of the desks in a lab as Desmond paces across the center. Finally slowing as seven screens come down from the ceiling. All seven are active, but instead of pictures, white outlines counteract the blue background. "Dr. Desmond, you require an audience with the Light?" A man's voice asks, anger clear in his tone(Savage). "Yes, very sorry to disturb you at this late hour." He says, seeming like a tiny worm to the eagle he acts like to Guardian and the others. "Just make your report." Another man's voice speaks up. Annoyance clear in his tone(Ocean Master). "Of course." Desmond says quickly. He clears his throat as he tries to buy himself time. "Well, we had a small fire, here at Project Cadmus. The origin of the incident is still unclear but seems to have attracted some... unwanted attention."

As he continues to speak the scene change to show Kid Flash, Robin, Aqualad, and S/n unconscious in pods as Superboy watches them. "The three sidekicks Robin, Aqualad, and Kid Flash and 1 Justice League memeber S/n have breached security. They found and released the weapon, the Superboy. Of course the clone is under our telepathic control and as ordered turned against his would-be-liberators. The four are contained and we don't believe the League knows they're here." With that, he finishes his report then comes to why he really called them. "Uh...what should I do with them?" "Clone the sidekicks. S/n powers can not be cloned. Keep her, she can be of good use in the future... experiment on her." The second male's voice says. "The substitutes will serve the Light and only the Light." The deeler male's voice agrees. "And the originals?" Desmond asks. "Dispose of them." The deep voice commands no hesitation. "Leave no trace." Desond smiles cruelly in response.

•~•~•
Above and outside in Washington, D.C. fireworks are going off. Even though it's 12:01.

•~•~•

"Time runs short." A male's voice says. "You must awaken." None of the teens even move or flinch. "You must awaken NOW!" Kid Flash wakes up, gasping for air and his green eyes flying open. The other three are just as alert now. Their attention trained on the glaring Superboy in front of them. "What? What do you want?" The red headed speedster asks, his annoyance showing instead of his fear. "Quit staring. You're creeping me out." Y/n sighs and mentally facepalms. 'We're doomed.' "Uh, KF, how about we not tick off the guy who can fry us with a look?" Robin suggests to the freaked out red head.