Part 10 Cousin's forever

SHAYLYNN:              Where are you?

BETH:                         Around the corner from Christians apartment, in the alley way

SHAYLYNN:              I'll be there soon!

Shaylynn hung up the phone.  Beth looked down at Mark, her hands were all sticky with his blood

BETH:                         Mark! Wake up! (screaming) Oh my god!

It was the longest eight minutes of Beth's life waiting for Shaylynn to arrive, She parked her car in the alley then got out and ran over to Beth.

BETH:                         What are we going to do? Kelly can't find out! He finds out I met Mark he'll leave me!

Beth was now out of control, her crying got worse.

SHAYLYNN:              Listen to me! Get up, go to your car, go home, and get in the shower! Once your done, burn your clothes you're wearing inside the fire pit, DO NOT burn them inside the fireplace! Kelly will be able to tell right away if something other than wood or gas was being burned inside! Do you understand?!

Beth shook her head in shock

BETH: Yes, alright!

Beth tried to get up with Shaylynn helping her stand up.

SHAYLYNN:              Go!

Beth walked to her car then got in. She got a packet of baby wipes from her bag and tried to clean her hands best she could before putting the key in the ignition.

She was on autopilot and couldn't even remember driving home. She buttoned her coat all the way up before going into the house. Carly looked surprised to see her.

CARLY:         Beth? It's just after eight! What are you doing back already?

BETH:            I didn't feel too good.  Are my babies in bed?

CARLY:         Yeah, Rosie went down early, she's out like a light.

BETH:            That's good.  I'm gonna head to bed, I'm shattered.

CARLY:         Are you alright Beth? You've been crying.

BETH:            I have a headache, I'll be fine.

CARLY:         I'll go and let you get to bed then

BETH:            Thanks so much for baby sitting

Carly laughed

CARLY:         Anytime, I just need to get a hold of Mark now.  He's not answering his phone.

Beth couldn't get rid of Carly quick enough.  After locking the front door Beth went into the kitchen and got a bin liner then headed up to the bedroom.  She took all of her clothes off and put them into it.  She was in the shower for ages, the bloody water from her shaking hands was making its way down the plughole. It took five minutes of scrubbing her nails with a nail brush to get rid of Mark's blood! Sitting on the floor of the shower she couldn't stop crying.  What the hell had just happened?  Why would someone shoot Mark? Now that Shaylynn was involved in taking the body away she felt guilty about that too.  What else could go wrong! Beth headed downstairs after getting dried and putting on tracksuit bottoms and a t shirt.  It took her ages to find a box of matches before making her way to the garden, she took the clothes out of the bin liner and put them in the fire pit, then set them alight.  Watching them burn her phone rings, it was Sophie.