part 16 "I'll buy them the zoo if they want it"!

BETH:                        What!

MARK:                      It was, do what she said or i got shot for real! there was a blood capsule in my hat, i had to break it with my hand so it would look like i'd been shot when the gun went off!

Beth couldn't believe what she was hearing.

BETH:                      Why would she do that?

MARK:                    You'll need to ask her, she's one crazy bitch!

Beth just stared at Mark

BETH:                    Why did you give the money back? Guilty conscience was it?

MARK:                   Yeah! Something like that, but you know I don't need the money!

BETH:                   Then why fucking take it in the first place then?

MARK:                  Because I didn't want to get shot, that's why! Then I saw your post on Instagram about you losing your baby. I felt so bad!

BETH: I thought i blocked you?

MARK: You did, but you must've unblocked me again!

BETH: Oh, that's when i let Kelly read our messages!

MARK: Why would you let him read them

BETH: I had nothing to hide from him!

Beth stared at her phone on the ground, she picked it up.  The screen was totally smashed so she couldn't use it. She put it into her purse

BETH:                         We're going to go and see Shaylynn! Now!

MARK:                       I'm not going anywhere near her! I'm heading back to New York soon

BETH:                        Your so fucking coming with me!

MARK:                        I'd rather not!

BETH:                         You'll do what your told! Where's your car?

MARK:                        Over there!

Mark pointed to a black Camaro, it was just like Kelly's

BETH:                         Follow me!

MARK:                        Beth, she told me to stay away from you or she'd kill me!

BETH:                         No she won't!

Ten minutes later after what should have been a twenty minute drive, Beth was pressing on Shaylynn's gate buzzer. As soon as she was buzzed in Beth sped up the drive with Mark behind her.

Beth screeched to a halt, got out and slammed the car door shut

MARK:                        Beth! For fuck sake, I could hardly keep up with you! Where did you learn to drive like that?

BETH:                         Plenty of fucking practice from being chased around Chicago by my Uncle! Are you ready for this?

Mark looked worried

MARK:                        No!

BETH:                         Hey! You're a grown ass man, you shouldn't be scared of a woman!