Part 23 "Do you want a divorce"?

Kelly was standing looking out of the bedroom window at the rain.

His forehead pressing against the cold glass. Hearing his cell phone buzzing on the bedstead he walked over to see who was calling him. It was Shaylynn. Not in the mood to talk to her he rejected the call then sat on the bed. He just sat for a good hour thinking of the few days leading up to the wedding and how all the odds seemed to be against them.                                                     

He wasn't letting this man take his wife away from him! He was going to find out where he lived, tonight!

Reaching over he picked up the can of lemonade that Beth had brought him earlier, he tapped the top of it a few times as she had a habit of shaking it so he would get soaked after opening it. He smiled as he opened it up. After drinking almost half of it he stood up and began to walk out of the bedroom. He could hear Beth crying in the living room.

KELLY: Oh fuck (quietly)

KELLY:  Oh fuck (quietly)

(above, lol)

Beth was sitting on the floor next to the window. Kelly walked over to her and noticed she had an almost empty wine glass in her hand and two wine bottles sitting next to her on the floor, one of which was empty. There was also used kleenex scattered all around her.

KELLY: Beth!

She never looked up

BETH: Do you want a divorce?

He sat on the floor next to her.

KELLY: Why would i want a divorce?

Beth never spoke for a minute, she was busy sniffing

BETH: Because you hate me! (crying)

KELLY: I don't hate you, i'm annoyed at you! But i don't hate you.

Kelly reached over and took a kleenex out of the box and handed it to her.

KELLY: Give me that wine glass! How much have you had?