The Call

(Adam's POV)

Adam's Narration:

"Agua as in water. Cute but I wasn't here for cute. I was here because I'd gotten a call for my regular fee of $10.00 even. I'm an ex secret agent, my name is Adam Cortez, and I'm a private detective, a P.I. A private eye." I then realized I had stepped in a wad of A.B.C. (Already Been Chewed) gum. "You could say I'm a gumshoe."

I then walked over to a girl who looked no older than 16. "I know why the water from your park is missing." I said. "Pray tell." she responded. "It's winter they shut down the park during the winter." I told her. "Who's 'they'?" She asked. "The people who really own this park." I said. She then looked dumbfounded and handed me my ten bucks and I was on my way to my next case.

"Time's are tough but a guy's gotta do what he's gotta do. From saving cat's in tree's, to finding lost items." My cellphone started to ring so I answered it.

Me: Yeah.

Caller: Adam the O.S.S. has been looking for you!

Me: The O.S.S. is looking for me? Look I'm no longer an agent. I can't help you whatever it is It's your problem.

Caller: Adam It's important!

Me: I DON'T CARE, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!

I hung up and went on my way again. I was headed to buy the newest VR game in history. I was currently standing in line to buy a video game called Game Over. The poster had a picture of a hero wearing a battle suit but his identity was shadowed out. "It's said to go online at midnight pretty exciting I guess."

The spokesman on the screen explained how popular the game was and who created it, I think his name was the Toymaker? I looked at the building next to the line and I started to think that buying this game wasn't worth it anymore. I was about to step out of line until I heard about the prize at the end of level 5!

A kid who didn't look any older than 12, told me I was cutting in line. "I wasn't cutting I standing right here." I said. "End of the line." he told me. I looked at how much the line had grown and I was about to get back in line, until I tripped and my piggy bank broke open and all my money was blown away. After losing all my money, I then went back to my tree house and I found a box from my old friend Romero. It came with a letter as well. After opening the box. I found a fishbowl containing miniaturized versions of a hammerhead shark and a tiger shark. I then read the letter that came with it.

Dear Adam.

I was doing some work and thought you might like these. Miniturized sharks. Remember they're still man eaters. So don't be poking your fingers in the bowl.

As I was reading it, I saw that Romero wrote an important tip, that even though the sharks were smaller, they're still man eaters and that I shouldn't be poking my fingers in the bowl and right after reading that part of the letter, I quickly took my fingers out of the bowl right as they almost bit my fingers off.

If, you ever need anything I'll be there.

Romero.

After reading the letter, I asked my robot R.A.L.P.H. To write a thank you note back to Romero. I then saw him and my spider monkey sword fighting. So I told them to behave and no fighting. My best friend Gerti, flew into my office using her copter ponytails.

"Whatcha doin'?" She asked.

"Hi Gerti, I'm just doing nothing, again." I said.

"What's that?" She asked.

I then poured and handed her a glass of Mexican Chocolate. She then asked where my parents were and I told her they were both on an assignment. "It was my idea not to be part of the family business." I said. "They're all on missions. Your sister, too, huh?" She asked. "I haven't seen Carmen since Christmas... Last year!" I said. "You should join back up the O.S.S. could really use you." She said. "Yeah, use me." I replied. "Not what I meant. Don't hold onto the past Adam look at me 16 years old and nowhere to go but up" Gerti said. "The only tribe worth belonging to is the one that you're born into." I replied. "Yeah, your family. It's good to take care of your family. But remember one thing: everyone's your family." Gerti told me before she left my treehouse. To which I thought aloud what she said "That doesn't make any sense." I then got a call from the President, so I quickly made myself look like I was working on something.

(P= President, M= Me, and D= Devlin)

P: Hello Adam.

M: Mr. President.

P: Oh, you can call me Devlin.

M: Weren't you already running the country, when you were head of the O.S.S.?

D: Well I was running the country, but since the O.S.S. Is a secret organization, no one knew it. I wanted the world to know that I was In charge, so I became president of the United States. It all depends upon your preference: reality or perception. Perception works for me.

M: Well, I'm into reality. And the reality is nothing you can say will make me rejoin the O.S.S. That is why you called isn't it?

D: The O.S.S. needs you to return.

M: I'm retired.

D: Well, who's living in perception now? The fact is, there is no retirement. Once an agent, always and agent. Now, it's time for you to be a man and reinstate.

M: With all due respect, sir... No.

D: Well, then hold on to your seat, because here's the reality: your sister's missing.

After he said those three terrifying words, my eyes immediately went to the picture of Carmen, that was on my desk. I rushed out of my office where I took my chopper to the O.S.S.