Going Home

(M= Me, C= Carmen, FA= Future Adam, SV= Savannah, R= Rez, F= Francis, A= Arnold, G= Grandpa)

After managing to escape level 5 just in the nick of time everyone was getting ready to go home to the real world.

Rez handed Carmen 3 slips of paper.

R: Here's our e-mail adresses, just in case

C: Terrific

M: You're awesome, Grandpa. The way you took on those tinker toys. You're the coolest.

I walked over to my sister, Savannah, my future self and the rest of our friends and we said our goodbyes.

F: Thanks for everything... guy.

R: It was real. Sort of.

Arnold gave me a crushing handshake and I could hear the bones in my knuckles cracking.

 A: Thanks a lot guy

I exhaled sharply as he let go.

My future self walked over to us and he started glowing.

M: What's happening to you?

FA: My time line is being erased. You see I'm from a future where we never shut down the game and the toymaker ruled the world.

M: What does that mean?

FA: What I'm saying is. Since you shutdown the game my reality is being erased. 

He fell to his knees, and started to fade from existence.

I started panicking, and wondering what we should do.

M: But we can't let you die or else I won't become you!

FA: Yes you will Adam but you'll become a better version of me, one who has a life worth living, a great set of friends, an amazing family and one day a girlfriend.

Carmen, Rez, Francis, Arnold, Savannah, Grandpa and I watched my future self die and he disappeared completely. 

I felt like I was gonna cry again.

M: He's really gone.

Grandpa and Francis put their hands on my shoulders, Carmen gave me a tight hug and rubbed my back.

C: But you will be him someday and you'll have a life worth living.

F: And since he's you from the future you'll probably go on the same journey he did.

M: Yeah I guess you're right.

Carmen, Rez, Arnold, and Francis walked into the portal.

I walked over to Savannah and I knew I had to tell her how I felt or I might regret it for the rest of my life.

M: So ready to go live in the real world.

SV: In a way I am ready.

M: Savannah wait! Before we go there's something I've been wanting to tell you since the moment I met you.

MSV: I have something I want to tell you too.

M/SV: Savannah/Adam, I love you!

We both looked at each other I wrapped my arms around her waist and she wrapped her arms around my neck and we started to lean closer until our lips met and eventually we kissed and after about a minute we both let go for air.

SV: I'll be waiting for you on the other side of the portal so I can kiss you again. 

M: I'm looking forward to it.

She gave me a flash drive and a piece of her hair. She then turned herself into code and entered the flash drive luckily there was tech at the OSS that can make her into a real person.

The only ones left to leave were me and grandpa.

I looked at him and I knew something was wrong.

M: What's wrong? You don't want to leave, do you?

G: How can I go back, Adam? In here, I can walk, I can run, and you look at me like I'm some kind of superhero.

M: You are... out there in the real world, to me. You are.

Grandpa bent down on one knee and put his hand on my shoulder.

 G: All right, Miho. I shall go back if-- If you promise me, that even though I'll be in a wheelchair... That you will look at me, no differently than you are now. Because on the inside, Miho, on the inside, I feel like this.

His suit glowed purple.

M: I promise, Grandpa.

G: Time to go.

We walked through the portal and out of the game.