Programmers and a Boost

After we left the mega race, we were then walking through a construction site. As we were walking green flash drives were raining down and sticking to our suits.

(M= Me, R= Rez, F= Francis, A=Arnold, S= Savannah, G= Grandpa, PG= Programmers, PG1= Programmer 1, PG2= Programmer 2)

M: Alright this is cool. We'll get there in no time.

F: What is this? Wait a minute.

Francis ran up to us as we were plucking the flash drives off our suits.

F: Programmers.

G: Who are these, uh, 'programmers'?

F: The brainiacs who wrote the book for the game.

Unbeknownst to us two tall guys, wearing black suits, were standing on two buildings, and were watching us from the shadows.

G: So, they work for the Toymaker, huh?

R: Programmers are the reason that you found us on level one. They caught Francis cheating during The Mega Race. They'll bounce us back to level 1 again if they catch us.

M: Level 1? I don't have time for that.

Lightning and thunder crashed from above. I could tell that the programmers were looking for us.

R: Spread out.

M: Don't split up! It never works!

Everyone split up in opposite directions. Francis went with Rez and Arnold, Savannah went by herself and I didn't know that grandpa was sneaking away.

M: If we just stick together... All right, grandpa. I guess its just you and... Me.

I turn around to see that grandpa was gone too.

M: Hello?

I started walking around to see if I could find anybody.

M: Guys?

"Psst!" I was surprised to see Savannah standing next to me.

S: Can you at least try and act like you're the guy?

I was shocked to know that she knew I wasn't the real guy. At least I didn't think I was anyway.

M: You know my secret?

S: I've seen the real guy and you're not him.

M: Why are programmers chasing us?

Savannah then showed me a silver card with a green grid in the center, that had the words 'GAME CHEAT' on it.

S: Someone's got a game cheat.

I grabbed it.

M: What's this?

S: A map to the game.

M: This is illegal.

S: Adam answer me this. You wanna find your sister or not?

M: Ok.

S: Give me the map.

I handed Savannah the map and she threw it onto the ground and a holographic version of the game appeared. I could see every level of the game, including the level where Carmen is. There was also a huge mountain near level 5.

S: Ok, we're in machine city. If we cut across here, we'll be able to reach level 4.

M: Where Carmen is. If I know my sister she would use this. She's a master hacker.

S: Great minds think alike. Then, if we cut through Lava Mountain, we'll be right at the door of the unwinnable level.

M: Shortcuts. This is good. This is very good.

I then grabbed the map causing it to shrink and making the map disappear.

PG: Game cheats.

Savannah and I turn around and we were face to face with the programmers.

PG1: That's against the rules.

One of the programmers started to point at my life counter and it started to shift to random numbers.

PG1: We're gonna have to bounce you back to level 1.

I pushed his hand away just before he finished.

M: I'm not scared of you.

S: Yeah, he's the guy.

I then whistled and turned around hoping the guys would come and help us.

M: You don't wanna mess with me and my friends.

PG1: Listen to that E-Dog the guy and his girlfriend are too scared to fight us alone.

M: First off, she's not my girlfriend. Second, I'm not scared I just like to have backup.

Grandpa then walked up to the two programmers and held them up in the air.

G: Why are you picking on my grandson and his friends? Why?

Francis, Arnold and Rez joined up with us.

F: They got Logos and E-Dog, the leaders.

G: You two are the programmers? Let's see what you really look like, huh?

Francis walked up to Logos and E-Dog and scanned them with one of his gadgets and revealed they were just a couple of computer nerds.

G: Very unimpressive.

R: Computer nerds.

G: Now tell me, where is the ToyMaker?

M: Grandpa, put them down. They aren't worth our time.

Grandpa put them down and they ran away like cowards.

I look down at my life counter and I noticed I lost another life.

After the encounter with the programmers we were on our way again.

A: Don't worry guy. From here on out I'll protect you.

I bumped into a purple pack with a red cross on it. Francis and Arnold caught me before I fell.

F: Are you all right, guy? Hey he found a life pack.

M: A what?

R: Those things are rare. I've never seen one up close before.

M: What do I do?

A: Crush it in your hands. You'll gain life.

I grabbed it and held it in my hands.

M: How much?

F: All depends.

I walked over to Savannah.

M: I got extra life, Savannah.

S: Congratulations. You'll need it the most.

M: No, I want you to take it.

S: Adam I can't.

I crushed the life pack in my hands and threw it at Savannah restoring her life to 9.

F: Does he know what that's worth?

R: Of course he does.

The guys we're smiling, because I gave up a rare item to someone else who needed it. Like a true hero would.

M: I owed you from the robot arena. Also, I-I don't want anything to happen to you.

S: Thank you.

I began to feel like I was falling in love with Savannah. I blushed. Savannah blushed as well. I looked back at the guys and they were nodding their heads.