Learning about my mission

After I arrived at the O.S.S. I was then on a golf cart being taken to Games and Theory. Once I got there I was welcomed by someone I never thought would work here again, it was Donnagon Giggles. He tried to take over the world about a year ago. Him and a bunch of other workers were having a meeting over donuts for a reason I was unaware of.

 Him and a bunch of other workers were having a meeting over donuts for a reason I was unaware of

He then saw me and told everyone they're on. A bunch of workers were then working on red laptops in green hexagon shaped offices on the wall.

(D= Donnagon, M= Me, Fr= Francesca)

D: Hello, Adam.

M: Donnagon. Been a good boy lately?

D: Yes. Very very good.

M: Mrs.Giggles must've straightened you out.

A beautiful latina woman turned around and faced the two of us.

Fr: I certainly did.

M: Hello, Francesca.

D: Yeah, she, uh, worked me over pretty good, actually.

She then nudged him.

Fr: Darling, behave. What do you know about a video game called "Game Over"?

She then showed me a copy of the game.

M: I know that just about every kid & young gamer in the world is gonna sign on and play it.

Fr: Not if we can help it. The game is a trap.

D: Once plugged into the game... Parents won't even be able to get their childrens attention.

I was shown video footage of a kid playing the game and his parents were trying to get his attention but he was more focused on the game.

M: What else is new?

Fr: This is different. Once you get through the game, your mind belongs to the Toymaker.

I was then shown footage of the Toymaker.

D: The inventor of the game. He wants to enslave the worlds youth with mind control. You control the youth, you control the future of the world.

I was then being shown Carmen riding a motorcycle inside the game.

Fr: She's an ingenious hacker, your sister. We sent her inside to shut down the game. But, uh... She disappeared.

M: How can she disappear inside a game?

D: She didn't physically. Actually, she's right here in the building.

Donnagon pushed some buttons and I saw Carmen floating helplessly in space.

M: Carmen! CARMEN!

Fr: She can't hear you. Her mind's still in the game. She got as far as level 4, then nothing.

M: Why would she even go in there without any backup?

Fr: Because her first and only choice wouldn't answer our calls.

Francesca looked at me and I realized the reason the O.S.S. kept calling me, was to let me know that Carmen was requesting me to be her backup.

D: So she decided to go alone.

Fr: Now listen, you go in. Find your sister. Help her shut down the game in 12 hours, or it's game over for everyone. Are you with us?

I looked back and forth, debating if I should or shouldn't go through with this. But in the end I agreed.

M: Ok.

Fr: Then let's go.

Francesca pressed some buttons on the console.

I then walked towards the door and two workers took my coat.

While I was walking with Donnagon and Francesca they explained my mission.

M: So I have to shut down the game but not release the Toymaker?

Fr: Exactly. It would be catastrophic if he escaped. The Toymaker hates us for imprisoning him in cyberspace all these years.

M: What made you do that?

D: Who knows? It was years ago.

I was then being strapped into a chair and a watch was placed on my left wrist with a timer set for 12 hours.

D: Now, you'll have to start on level 1 like everyone else. Find your sister on level 4, then proceed to level 5.

Fr: Which is unwinnable.

M: Level 5 is unwinnable?

D: Level 5 is where you shut down the game.

A man then walked towards us with a pair of VR glasses that came with the game.

D: If the game is not shut down, you'll stay trapped inside with everyone else, while the Toymaker takes over the world.

Donnagon then placed the glasses over my eyes.

D: Put on these glasses, and enter the world of the game.

A door then opened to reveal a hallway type portal and code pieces were coming out of it.

D: You're being sent into a zero-gravity chamber alongside Carmen. That should give you a competitive edge.

Fr: When you're in the game, things will feel real to you.

M: Are they real?

Fr: Good luck, Adam.

D: Find Carmen, shut down the game, but whatever you do, don't let the toymaker out.

The room started to shake and then I was pulled through the portal and it caused me to twitch. The code was swirling all around me and then the portal turned into black space.