•1• Introduction

Monday

Monday. Arguably the worst day of the week especially for Cyrus. He was abruptly awoken by the monotonous alarm he heard every day to wake him up, and to what? A miserable, rainy day in Shadyside where he would go to school and get tormented for being weird. The heavy droplets of rain sang a song as they drummed Cyrus's window. The raven haired boy stumbled carelessly out of bed and threw any clothes on, leaving the house without any food and his hair a mess.

Monday for Jonah Beck however, the most popular boy in Jefferson middle school, was made a great day because of his over enthusiasm. Any bad situation presented to the young boy could be easily turned into a positive one. He stretched roughly as he left his bed, put in his favourite outfit and started his Monday playlist. He combed his neat hair to look his best and went downstairs to eat a large breakfast.

Cyrus dragged his small, tired feet across the drenched concrete on his way to Buffy's house. Buffy actually knew how to cheer Cyrus up and he looked up to her like she was his bigger sister. He walked past a house in his way to school, perfectly neat lawn with a beautiful picket fence. It looked as if the rain couldn't touch that house. Cyrus took a few moments to catch a glimpse of the family in the house, a young boy, roughly the same age as Cyrus was laughing with his mother and father while eating a large breakfast. He stared with pure jealousy before the emerald green eyes of the boy met his own. Jonah could see the boy, completely soaked by rain looking lost and felt bad for him.

Cyrus picked the pace up slightly as he approached Buffy's house, it was a bit like the boy's that he saw earlier. Buffy opened her door and ran out hugging Cyrus tightly. "Hey Cyrus are you excited for our first day back!?" Her energy made the rain ease and then disappear. Cyrus's face lit up for the first time in weeks as he returned the hug and replied, "You bet I am now you're here Buff!" Buffy wiped the rain from Cyrus's forehead and they practically ran to Andi's house. Buffy and Andi knew that Cyrus hadn't been happy since he broke up with Iris but they also knew that they instantly helped Cyrus become happy again.

The two arrived at Andi's house. Cede was outside the front, carefully treating her flowers with care. "Oh hi guys I'll go and fetch Andi." She said with a smile on her face. Sure enough within 2 minutes, the girl came speeding out of the house wearing a denim jacket, black leggings and custom made headband. She hugged the other two closely, excited for the adventures they would endure in this year at Jefferson. "So guys, Bex made me play frisbee with a boy 2 weeks back and he's super cute!" Andi said as the three all head out to school. The sun was now leaping out from the dark clouds and coated the town of Shadyside with sunshine, giving it a happier vibe as birds sang and trees rustled lightly in the breeze. "He's also joining Jefferson today which is exciting."

Heyyy. So I'm kinda happy with the way this first chapter came out. Let me know what you think.