•2• The New Kid

Cyrus stepped foot inside the school and was hit with nostalgia, old faces and new were flooding in one by one as they exchanged books into and out of their lockers. Cyrus, Andi and Buffy were deep in conversation about what they did in the summer to notice a new boy, swarmed by students and getting to know everyone. The bell rang and Cyrus had maths first lesson which was ok since there was no one who sat next to him as he was in the back corner. The trio said their goodbyes and parted ways as they went to class.

Cyrus put his bag on the back of his chair and fell into a slump once again. He was only happy when he had Andi and Buffy with him, they were best friends since they were very little. He found the activity of dismantling his pens and putting them back together enjoyable, and so didn't notice the teacher walk in with a new kid. "Okay class welcome back I hope you all had a great rest." The teacher said as Cyrus was still trying to push the spring back in. "To start the school year off id like to welcome a new student to this class, Jonah Beck!" Everyone clapped their hands in perfect sync, while Cyrus was still playing with his stationary, completely oblivious to any words his teacher just said.

The new student made his way to the back of the room to where Cyrus sat and slides into the seat next to him. Cyrus knew this was not good as he hates being sat next to people who aren't Andi or Buffy. "Hi I'm Jonah I hope we can be friends." He said smiling at Cyrus. All that Cyrus did was peer at the boy for a second not remembering it was the same boy he saw earlier, and said "Mhm." Before laying his head on his hands and closing his eyes. For the entire day Cyrus kind of just blanked out all human contact that wasn't his friends. The only thing on his mind was Iris, he missed her but not in a relationship way. He was upset that they broke up but he still wanted to be friends with the brown haired girl.

The trio decided to eat at the Spoon after school, a regular hangout for them, like a second home. They sat in their booth and were about to order their usual meal, Baby taters and milkshakes until Andi stopped them. "Wait guys I asked someone to meet us here, to make friends." Cyrus and Buffy just sighed as they were absolutely starving. They talked about their days as normal until the door chimed, louder than usual. It caused Cyrus to turn around and there he was, Cyrus could see the resemblance in his eyes to the boy he was staring at this morning. Jonah flashed his signature smile at the three as he strutted his way over the the booth and slid in next to Andi. Cyrus just put his head on the table covering his face remembering the boy probably knows who he is. "Hey Jonah so this is Buffy!" She smiled brightly at the boy. "And this..." andi coughed to get Cyrus's attention. He just waved with one hand. "Is Cyrus!" She smiled at Jonah.

After about 10 minutes of Cyrus lay down, out of nowhere he felt a warm hand touch his. It felt weird but not a bad weird. He looked up to see Jonah Beck with worry in his face and he held the boy's hand. "Are you okay?" He asked rubbing his hand on Cyrus's arm, comforting him. "Don't worry about Cyrus, he's just bummed out since he broke up with Iris." Buffy said rubbing Cyrus's already messy hair. "Oh- I'm sorry to hear that Cy." Jonah said. Cy, Cyrus likes that nickname from Jonah. He could've sworn he saw Jonah wink at him but it was probably nothing.