•6• Distanced and Amber

Jonah woke up suddenly, sweat drenched and tears on his cheeks. It was around 5:00 in the morning and no one else was awake. He had just previously had a nightmare about Cyrus hating who he was and calling him horrible words.

He slid himself out of the sleeping bag that he shared with the boy and ran as fast as he could through the dark, rainy streets in nothing but his sweatpants. The first place he thought of going was his house but he knew that Cyrus would go there first if he went looking, so he went to the woods. When he arrived he fell over next to a tree and started breathing heavily and quickly. He was in a small ditch unnoticeable by anyone making Jonah alone and scared.

Cyrus woke up about an hour later and went to snuggle into Jonah but found an empty space next to him. He looked up to see Andi and a Buffy panicking while on their phones calling people up. The trio decided to go out looking for him after no luck with the calls, and sure enough Cyrus took them to Jonah's house as a first resort. After no luck Cyrus told them that they should walk around places he wouldn't normally be and stay calm. While they were walking Andi and Buffy had hinted to each other about the secret they were hiding. After they figured it out they decided to talk to Cyrus about it without telling him that Jonah liked him.

Jonah could hear footsteps from pretty far away but he couldn't do anything to tell them he was there. He had broken his arm trying to get out and couldn't speak after his uncontrollable breathing. After about 5 minutes a woman nearly fell into the ditch and her eyes met Jonah, who was in a horrible condition. "Oh my god call the ambulance!" She yelled. Her husband called an ambulance and they weren't to long there. Cyrus, Andi and Buffy saw the ambulance and wanted to check just in case. Buffy sprinted towards the woods with Cyrus and Andi, who were not as sporty as Buffy, running behind her. The last thing they saw was Jonah's broken face as it was put in the back of the ambulance. Cyrus started crying a lot, causing his friends to comfort him even though they were sniffling to stop tears aswell.

Jonah was being treated by nurses and they said he shouldn't be there for too long. Cyrus burst into the room with tears streaming his now pale face. He sat by Jonah with tears still falling and the girls followed in after a minute. Jonah looked up at Cyrus with a small smirk creeping onto his face and put his hand on Cyrus's face, stroking it. "Was it just a nightmare?" Jonah whispered to Cyrus who had no idea what he was talking about.
"Yes Jonah, it was just a nightmare," he replied repeating the strokes Jonah left on his cheek. Both boys smiled and burst into a small laughter. The girls were squealing seeing the boys so affectionate to each other.

It was a few hours but Jonah was finally let out of the hospital with a cast on his arm and a huge smile. The four decided to go to the spoon as a celebration for Jonah's fast recovery. They walked through the door and sat down at their regular booth waiting for the waitress. "Wow the food in her is great but the service is..." "TERRIBLE!" The rest of them finished Cyrus's speech about the spoon.

Suddenly a new waitress came to the table, blonde hair and the blue and white uniform on. Everyone smiled at her except Jonah who which got a glare from her. "Oh my god jo- jo! Who did this to you." She asked looking angry after seeing Jonah's face and arm.
"Do you two know each other?" Andi asked raising her eyebrows. Jonah sighed. "This is Amber, my ex girlfriend." She just winked and then saw Cyrus with a guilty face. Amber grabbed his arm and squeezed it. "You did this to Jonah didn't you!"
Jonah grabbed Cyrus and switched places with him, wrapping one arm around Cyrus's waist and pulling him close. "Get the Fuck off of Cyrus, it's not his fault!" He yelled at Amber who just glared at Cyrus and walked off to get their order.

Jonah moved his arm up to Cyrus's shoulder and pulled his head to Jonah's shoulder, then kissing his forehead which earned a excited but questionable look from the girls. Cyrus just wrapped his arms around Jonah's waist as they embraced a hug.