Part 9: Regained Memories

King Shadow slowly, but surely, leans into Amy. Amy saw this, so she, too, began to lean forward. They were so close. They could feel each other's breath. Suddenly, their lips touched. Through his entire life, he never thought it would be this amazing to kiss her. He felt a warm feeling in his chest, as if to say that he truly loved her. She felt the same feeling in her chest. They both felt a slight spark ignite in them. Soon, they started to deepen the kiss. As they did, they began to glow. It looked like Chaos Energy was swirling around them all at once. Amy's memories began to pour into her. She remembered all the times they spent together, every smile, tear, and fight. She started to smile in their kiss. Since they were living, breathing beings, they had to part to breathe. As they were regaining oxygen, they looked into each other's eyes.

As Amy was smiling, a tear rolled down her cheek. King Shadow noticed this, and he began to feel confused. 'What's wrong with her?' 'Did I hurt her?' He started to feel bad about their "special" moment. "R-Rose... Did I hurt you...?" He asked concerned. Amy looked at him and giggled. "*Giggle* No, Hedgey, you didn't hurt me." She stated cheerfully. King Shadow gasped, having realized what she said. Then, he began to smile. "Rose! Oh my God, oh my God, you remember my secret nickname!" He hugged Amy. As he did so, his tail began to wag at a fast pace. Amy and King Shadow began to laugh at this. After that, they fell asleep holding each other protectively.