Chapter 1- bonjour new york

Five years later

The sound of vehicles broke out as the doors flew open in front of me as I waited inside the airport with my baggage cart.

I looked around me, trying to spot a familiar face in the unknown crowd. I breathed out, realizing that my friends were, as usual, late. Of course, they were all the type to forget.

Irresponsible piece of shits!

"Lex," I heard a familiar voice calling out to me.

A small smile spread across my face as I whipped around to find my brother and friends, standing on the other side.

"Oh my god," I called out in pure bliss as I ran into Blake's arms, leaving my baggage on the side. "Blake!"

"Oh, Biscuit," he pulled me into a warm embrace, swinging me around then he put me down on my feet.

"Emma," I shouted, letting go of Blake and pulling Emma in a hug.

"God how much I missed you, Lex," she mumbled in my ear and we pulled apart.

"Lex," Candice shouted and threw herself on me.

I smiled and hugged her back tightly. She wiped away her tear as we pulled apart.

"There's our girl," Noel winked at me, swinging me around then putting me back on the ground.

Suddenly, I felt other arms around me and realize that it turned into a group hug. We all had our arms around each other and the five of us looked down at our feet, smiling.

"We missed you so much, Lex," Candice sighed.

"Yeah, don't leave us like that," Blake replied and I nodded in return.

"It felt more like ten years than five man," Emma whined.

"We're just happy that you're back," Noel had a widespread smile on his face.

"How have you been?" Blake asked me as we all pulled away.

"Amazing, tell me more about you guys," I answered back.

Blake raised his brow and scoffed. "Your accent stands out more in person than on FaceTime."

"Is it that noticeable?" I asked, embarrassed.

"Not extremely but it sounds so sexy," Emma winked with a grin on her face. "You're gonna be the talk of the entire upper east side."

"I haven't entirely inherited the French accent but back in Paris, it stood out frequently. Now, I am trying to get my American accent back," I chuckled.

My eyes darted behind them as the doors opened but nobody I knew walked in. There was a disappointed look on my face when I realized that the person I wanted here actually wasn't here yet.

"He's not coming," Blake finally said when he found me staring at the doors. "He's still angry."

I quickly looked away and breathed out. It made me extremely sad that he didn't come to welcome me. It had been five years since I had seen him and talked to him.

What type of best friend does that?

I know that I left five years ago but it doesn't mean that he should cut all ties with me. He still talked to Blake but just not with me. He wasn't being fair.

I shook my head as we headed out, talking and catching up about our lives.

"So, how was Paris?" Candice asked. "Any hot guys?"