Chapter 4- the newer version

The next couple of days went by how I had always wished they would.

Spending time with Venson again made me feel whole and happy. We started going to school together, had fun together, messed with the teachers, and so much more.

Our group was finally reunited and we are unstoppable.

We were back and there was nothing more to fear than us and the students already knew that.

"You think we're all just like our parents?" I asked and looked at my friends as we walked to rippling point together to hangout.

"To be honest, yes. They were the shit back in their time, didn't take anyone's bullshit and stood up for what they believed in. Lex being the outspoken one like Aunt Venus. Blake being caring like Uncle Ian and Uncle Cayson. Candice, the fashionista like Aunt Kate. Noel, the goofy one like dad. And myself, being supportive like mom and Aunt Mary," Emma answered with a small smile.

"We are literally the newer versions of them," Candice smiled.

"With a few new twists," Noel added and I turned to face him, my expressions confused. "Well firstly, they became friends when they were like ten. We have all been friends since diaper days, don't forget that I have seen you all in your diapers."

  I breathed out and shrugged it off. "You were always the one to shit in your pants more than us Noel, guess you have seen more diapers than any of us."

"I hate you, lex, with a passion," Noel breathed out and everyone chuckled along.

"You know you love me," I threw a flying kiss to him and he smiled, looking away. "There's another similarity though. Mom and dad have dated each other almost since middle school just as Blake and Emma."

"Well, what do you know," Candice poked Emma as she blushed away.

"Stop messing with my little sister," Noel took a stand but then earned a punch from Candice.

_______

Rippling point was where my friends and I hung out. Usually, I used to go there when I was upset or when Venson was. It was an abandoned palace with a cliff at the back of it.

"Wait, are you serious?" Candice asked, wondering if I was telling the truth.

"I bet your ass on it," I replied back.

"So, tell us the stories. I want to learn new things," Emma rushed and we gathered around in a circle.

I looked at Venson who nodded while looking at me, signaling me to tell them the story.

"I have heard stories that a king used to live here with his queen and three sons. The king was falling sick and wanted his son to rule the kingdom before he died. Apparently, the older son was supposed to be the king of the throne but he mysteriously disappeared," I started telling the story, selling it because they were all hooked.

Venson raised his brow and I nodded. He sighed deeply, catching the attention of our friends and they all turned to face him.

"The king and queen were heartbroken, but they couldn't leave their people without a king so they decided to make the middle child, the king. Next day, he also disappeared and nobody saw him," Venson continued telling the story and I smiled to myself, looking at how naive my friends were.

"Then," I continued further on after Venson and they all turned to face me. When I started talking, they all looked so hooked to the made-up story so I decided to keep going. "There was only the youngest prince left who had to be the king. The day of his coronation, he went to the basement to finish his unfinished business which was to cut the throats of his older brothers."