Chapter 3- the best reunion

The smell of fresh coffee broke out as I walked back home from the cheer tryouts. Opening the door, I rushed inside to the kitchen.

I looked around and found a figure leaning against the counter. The brunette hair fairly similar to Blake's, realizing that it was him, I quickly ran towards him with striding steps. Just as I reached the kitchen, suddenly the lights turned off and I heard something electric sliding.

"I'm so happy," I shouted out in excitement, not caring about the darkness which had dawned upon us and jumped on Blake as he turned around and hugged him tightly. I felt his wall-like body when I hugged him and wondered if he'd been working out.

"Guess what Blake?" I asked, excitedly, ignoring that he still hadn't hugged me back yet.

A second passed by and he didn't answer so I continued with my bumblings. "I tried out for the cheer team and guess who's the new captain? Moi!"

I expected a congratulations on his part but no reaction, not even a simple 'yay.'

"Did you like not drink your coffee today or something?" I asked but he didn't answer so I pulled away from him. "What the hell, Blake?"

When he didn't say anything, I scoffed. "Can you at least acknowledge my presence?"

No answer.

"Just great, is this about Louis?" I rolled my eyes and walked around the kitchen to find the light switch so I could turn it on.

"Merde," I cussed under my breath, which meant shit in English when I bumped into a sharp kitchen corner. "Ugh, Where is the light switch?"

I expected Blake to actually help me with the light switch but he was just standing there, looking at my every move but didn't budge at all. "You know what Blake, Fous-toi. And you know what that means? Fuck you. I have always been happy for your achievements and the least you could do is acknowledge my presence."

Still no answer!

Suddenly, I bumped into a wall and squinted my eyes hard enough to find out that it's a door. The door which was the only way out of kitchen was closed as well.

"Mom," I shouted out for at least someone to acknowledge my presence but then realized that she was still out with dad in Brooklyn.

"As if getting ignored by one person was not enough," I scoffed walking back to the counter, referring to Venson who still hadn't said a single word to me since I had returned.

I will never understand what his issue was. Just because I left five years ago, he will never talk to me again? He even broke our pact by dating someone else. Guess he had changed, maybe I should too. 

I dug my hands inside my purse to find my phone but even that was not with me. "Genial. Voici ce que je reçois pour laisser mon téléphone." That roughly translated to 'this is what I deserve for leaving my phone.'

I always start talking in French when I was frustrated or angry. Back in France, it was a normal Friday evening but now it was different. Now, I sounded like a mad woman saying things in a language none of them understood.

"Hello? Anyone out there?" I called out in English, waiting for at least someone to be home.

No answer.

I tried to carefully walk towards the closed doors and slammed my hands onto them, loud enough for anyone in the house to hear but nobody responded back.

Usually, my friends were always hanging out at each other's place and we were supposed to be at mine tonight. So if I just waited long enough, someone would come and I will be free.