Chapter 10- get your ears checked

"You were with who?" Emma exclaimed, spitting out some of her water.

"Emma, you should probably go and get your ears checked. I think you're going deaf," I replied back, pulling out my notes for AP Calculus.

"Wait, so you're telling me that last week you were talking to the hottest boy in school, of course after Blake, in the women's bathroom? And, you guys have been talking ever since then?" Emma summarized everything I had told her a minute ago.

She took a long moment to process what she just heard and then smiled like an idiot.

"Oh my God, Lex, do you even know what this means?" She questioned.

I stared at her blankly in confusion. "Oh, it- it means something?"

She nodded quickly. "Yes, of course. It's a sign."

I groaned, rolling my eyes and trying to ignore her. "A sign? Emma, that is just stupid and dumb. There is no sign. It was plain coincidence."

"Yes, there is. The second you both turned around the corner, your eyes closed and then you poked his eye. It was meant to be and it is so romantic," Emma suggested with a shine in her eyes.

As if talking about setting me up made her extremely happy.

"First of all, that is the furthest thing from anything romantic. And secondly, I'm not really looking for anything right now, Emma," I replied back and she rolled her eyes.

"You are, just not with him," Emma muttered under her breath but I caught it.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She finally had my attention.

She shrugged, pulling out her notes. "You know what's that suppose to mean."

I raised a brow. "Emma, what are you talking about?"

She breathed out deeply and turned to face me. "Venson! I'm talking about Venson, Lex. Your best friend and apparently also the love of your life. Venson."

My eyes widened in shock at her statement and i shushed her quickly. I lowered my voice and looked around but nobody was paying attention to what she was saying because there were barely three students in the classroom right now. "Emma, what the hell? Can you talk any louder! Geez."

She gave me an are-you-really-that-stupid look as if I were the dumbest person on the face of the earth. "Okay, now what's that look?"

"The only people, that I think, don't know that you're in love with him is Venson. Lex, it is so obvious," Emma stated and I thought about it for a second.

How does she know about my feelings for Venson? I have never uttered a single word to anyone about Venson. Not a single word.

"I notice the way you look at him when he's talking or the way you take care for him or the way you feel when he touches you in any way. I am a very observant person, Lex, you know that, and I notice things but it is actually obvious of how you feel about Venson," Emma expressed thoughtfully with a small smile.

"It's- it's not- it's just—"

"—don't you try and deny that," Emma said in a threatening tone which, to be honest, scared me.

Emma absolutely hates being wrong and she would do anything to prove that she is right. So, if I declined her statement then she would go around to find others to express their thoughts.

I knew her well so I had to come up with something and fast because I didn't want anybody else to know before Venson.

"Emma, it- it's not exactly like that," I tried to sway her opinion about my feelings.