🥀Chapter Seven🥀

Elena POV
Did I just fucking hear her right? I don't have a god damn sister. Even if she was, she wasn't in my life. I notice Matt place his hands on her shoulders. He must really care for her. But why would my sister be living with my aunt and not with me? Damn is she more special than me?

"You're lying." I say as I cross my arms.

"Elena she's been through a lot without you. You can't blame her for not being with you. It wasn't her fault." Matt says as he takes her inside.

I decide to follow them inside. I look around the house. It looks expensive but not as much as Maria's house. Just from the thought of her, tears strolled down my cheeks. I can't believe I did this to her parents. If I hadn't have been alive, she would still have her parents and wouldn't have to worry about a stupid girl like me. I start crying heavily now as I make my way upstairs. I open the first door I see and run inside. I run over to the bed and hide myself with the covers. I try to wipe my tears away, but they just kept coming out of my eyes. I heard a slight knock on the door. I hear the door knob turn and I pull the comforter over my head. The door opened and I heard a calm voice.

"Elena, are you okay? We were all looking for you." he says as he tugs at the comforter.

He tries to take off the comforter but I fight back. We kept fighting over the blanket until I gave up. He grabbed the blanket and threw it on the floor. I sit on the bed with my arms crossed. He laughs and sits on the edge of the bed.

"I know what you're going through and I want to help you. We all do, but we can't help you if you don't talk to us about it." he says as he looks at me.

"I just need some time to myself. I've been through a lot this month." I say as I get out of the bed and walk towards the door.

"Your bedroom is beside mine if you didn't know already." he says as I laugh at myself.

"Thanks. I thought this room was mine." I say as I open the door.

I walk to the room next to his and open the door. The room almost reminds me of Maria's room. It had the same purple comforter that she had. I try to hold back my tears but it didn't work. Instead of falling on the bed, I fall onto my knees, feeling the impact of the hard floor. I hear my door fly open and feel arms being wrapped around me.

"Thanks Matt. You're too kind for me." I say as I feel him smile against my neck.

"I leave you alone for 5 minutes and you're crying again. Will you at least tell me why you're crying so I can help instead of feeling like an idiot?" he asks as I turn around to meet those baby blue eyes.

I nod and explain to him what happened to Maria because of me. I really need to talk to someone about this. I told him about my step father and how he raped me several times. It felt good that he was here with me, comforting me as I told him everything. We hear my aunt call us down for dinner. He holds my hand as we walk down the stairs together. We make our way down to the dining room and I see Gracelyn look down. I let go of his hand and hug my sister. I feel like I have a family again after hugging her. I sit beside her and we start eating. It was silent until my aunt spoke up.

"Elena? How do you like your new room?" she asks as I stare blankly at my plate.

The thought of a new room almost made me cry again but Matt held my hand under the table. I smiled at him before I responded back to my aunt.

"I love the color of it. It reminds me of my best friend." I say as we keep eating.

After dinner was over, I went up to my room. I jumped on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I wonder what Maria is going through right now. She probably hates me. Everyone hates me for what I've done. I start to cry quietly in my pillow. I run over to my door and lock it. I lock myself in the bathroom. I slide down the wall and hug my knees. My tears roll down my cheeks and I don't want to wipe them away. I get up and look at myself in the mirror. How can I be this stupid? I look through the cabinets to find something sharp. I find a razor and put it up to my cheek. I draw a tear drop in red under my eye. Blood comes gushing out and I hold my eye. I took the razor and stab my leg with it. I scream in pain as the door suddenly opens. The last thing I saw was Matt lifting me up.

??? POV
I saw Elena get out of my neighbor's car and immediately called someone.

"I found her."

"Where is she?"

"At my neighbor's house."

"I want you to continue with our plan for tonight."

"Of course."

I hung up the call and watch as Elena walks into the house. I start to laugh to myself. I'm finally ruining her life. No one is going to save you this time Elena. No one.

Elena POV
I feel myself laying on something soft. It feels like a bed but not my bed. I hear people talking in the room what sounds like my sister and Matt. I squint my eyes in pain as I try to move. I forgot that I had stabbed my leg. I lay back on the pillow and Matt is holding my hand while sitting in a chair.

"How many god damn times are you gonna end up in a hospital?" my sister says as I shake my head.

"Please by all means, get me out of here." I say as she walks out of the room.

"Well I think you've officially got your sister pissed." he says as I laugh.

"Yeah. Oh god here she comes with the doctor." I say as she comes back in the room with the doctor.

"When can she be released?" she asks as the doctor looks at her dumbfounded.

"Until her parents show up. They are the only ones that can release her." the doctor says as I get up and hide behind Matt.

No this can't be happening. Why would they do this to me!? Now I can never get out of here. Unless, I escape again. I pull on Matt's jacket and he turns around to look at me. I grab his phone and tell him to leave.

"Come on doctor. She's her sister and you're not gonna release her to her sister?" he asks as the doctor sighs.

"Sir I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to ask you two to leave." the doctor says as I nod and he leaves the room with my sister.

I watch as the doctor leaves the room. I walk over to the cupboards and open them. I grab my clothes and put them on quickly. I hear some distant chattering what sounded like my step dad. Oh no. I don't want to see him again. I look around and find a syringe and put it in my back pocket. Shit there aren't no windows. I hide behind the door as I see footsteps in the doorway. He walks in and turns around slowly but I was already gone. I run down the hallway, bumping into people as I go and rush to the elevator. I call Matt to make sure he didn't leave and he tells me that my sister is down there waiting for me. As soon as I got off the phone, my step dad runs in the elevator before it shuts. I try to stay away from him, but he comes up to me and grabs me by my waist. He starts to kiss me roughly and I try to fight it until his tongue explores my mouth. He takes my shirt off and starts to unbuckle his belt. I have to do something before he rapes me again. I know I'm gonna regret doing but I got to. I kick him where it hurts and he falls down. I put my shirt back on and wait for the elevator to stop. Finally the elevator opens revealing my sister. She grabs me and we run to the car. As soon as we got home, my aunt locked the doors and windows. Everything happened so fast that I found myself in my room. Before I could close my eyes, I hear something hit my window. I slowly get out of bed and walk towards the window. I look outside the window and nothing's there or at least I thought there wasn't. Someone jumped through the window, causing the glass to hit me. Looks like someone wants me dead. The strange figure stands up as I look up at them in fear. They walk closer to me and bend down in front of me. They take off their black mask and I gasp.

"V-vanessa!?" I stutter as I start to back away.

"Glad to see you again, Elena. We have so much to talk about." she says as she puts a bag over my head.

Before she can escape, someone stops her. She drops me on the floor and the bag falls off of my head. I see Matt pointing a gun at her.

"You're not taking her." he says confidently.

"Why the hell not?" she asks.

"Because...." he continues.

"Because?" she asks.

"She's mine." he says as he pushes her out the window.