Kabanata 10

Kabanata 10

Dinner

It's so comforting to know that someone is just out there within your reach, someone who's very willing to be with you in your happy days and more in your dark days.

Someone who showers you of love and attention you need. Someone who gives it to you willingly.

I smiled upon seeing Rico in front of me.

"Where do you want to go?"

Hinawakan niya ang aking kamay kaya mas hinigpitan ko ang kapit dito. For the past few weeks I started considering Rico's feelings for me. I started to avoid anything related to Apollo, for his sake. I wanted to give him a chance. I wanted to give it a try.

For him and for me.

I want to make Rico happy. For all the times he hurt himself because of me, for always being there for me, for always protecting and making me happy, I just wanted to give it a shot and make it up for him.

"Sa park?"

"Saang park?"

"To the place where we first met."

Nginitian ko siya bago hinila at sinimulang maglakad papunta sa lugar na tinutukoy ko. Nagliwanag ang aking mata ng natanaw ang park malapit sa eskuwelahan ko noong elementarya. It still look the same. Parang walang nagbago. Mas lalo akong nagmadali sa paglalakad at hinila si Rico sa bench kung saan niya ako unang nilapitan.

"Do you remember anything here?"

Marahan akong tumango at tumawa. Inilibot ko ang aking paningin para pagmasdan ang buong lugar.

"Nilapitan mo ako noon at inabutan ng panyo kasi umiiyak ako."

"Yeah, you were crying because of Apollo since then, funny how it never change even after so many years. Until now you are still shedding so many tears because of him."

Kitang kita ko ang pagkuyom ng kaniyang kamao at pag igting ng kaniyang panga. Hinawakan ko ang kaniyang kamay at malumanay siyang nginitian.

"There are things that will never change, even after so many years. Masaktan ka man at umiyak, that's still okay. The most important thing is you are learning and coping from it. And despite everything, you can still manage to smile despite the pain it gives you."

Tumingala ako at pinagmasdan ang kalangitan. Mapait akong napangiti. Hapon na rin at kakaonti nalang ang tao dito sa park.

"Life is really cruel and hard. Everyone is having a hard time fighting their own battles. And I refuse to be defeated on my battle. I may stumble on the ground, but I promise to always get up and continue trying until the end."

"Do you know why many people love you?"

Napabaling ako kay Rico dahil sa kaniyang tanong. Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay pero nginitian niya lamang ako.

"Why?"

"Because you are like the star in the sky. You always shine mostly in your dark days. There are many stars in the sky but you shine the brightest among all."

Bahagya akong natigilan. At napatitig sa kanya.

"You never forget to smile despite the pain. You never forget to be kind to the people who are always hurting you. And I think that is beautiful. You are that beautiful Mavis."

I feel like there's a warm hand that touched my heart. I feel so overwhelmed. I feel so loved and appreciated.

"They were always trying to dim your light but they never succeeded. You know why?"