7.00

"YOU WANT TO GET drunk?" Luke says in a mocking tone, biting back a smile.

     "What's so funny about that?" I whine, eyebrows knitting together. I was sick and tired of everyone telling me what I could and couldn't do. There really wasn't anything to drinking, there wasn't some rule book with a list of names of who can and cannot drink. So if I wanted to get drunk, then I would get drunk. "Are you in or not?"

     "I'm always up for guiding people down the wrong path in life so, yes, I am absolutely in." He grins and slams his trunk shut before jogging up the driveway and waving his hand, instructing me to follow him. "What gives, though? Did something happen?" Luke's voice is quiet and he looks back at me over his shoulder as he uses his fingertips to hold to door open. Once I catch it he keeps on moving forward through his house and up the staircase and into his room.

     "I don't really want to talk about it, and you don't really care." Luke looks back at me for a second and frowns, furrowing his brows together. He opens his mouth to speak, but then thinks better of it and purses his lips. I don't know what I'm doing, I don't know why I came to him. I didn't know the first thing about being drunk. But it was supposed to help you forget and right now, that sounded like a really good idea.

     "Pick your poison; I've got a stash taped underneath the mattress," He bumps his bedroom door shut. I don't know if Lucy is still here, either by herself or with Calum but either way, neither of us wanted to be caught spending time together. Given our history of barely speaking to each other prior to his blackmailing me, it wouldn't be easy to explain.

      "I'm guessing Lucy doesn't know about these?" I question, arching a brow in his direction. If there was something that contained alcohol, she would try to drink it. It was extremely interesting to be around but...not as much fun during the aftermath. 

      "If Lucy knew about them, do you really think they would still be there? She chugs a bottle in like, fifteen minutes. Fucking ridiculous," He huffs, running a hand through his hair and plopping down on his bed before darting a long arm underneath it. "Beer, bourbon, whiskey, some weak shit I stole from Lucy because she took my shirts, a Long Island ice tea mix and...I think there's some wine in the basement. I need to restock the stash, come to think of it." Luke mumbles to himself, scrunching up his nose as he digs around under his bed. Nose scrunches were so adorable; Luke on the other hand though, was the furthest thing from it.

     "Let's go with the strongest one," I say before I change my mind, sitting at the very edge of Luke's bed. I was centimeters from falling off, but his long legs took up most of the mattress and I didn't exactly feel like sitting on top of him. He has the windows open, and the chill of fall sweeps in and causes goose flesh to spring up along my skin. As he pulls out the bottle I tuck my knees in and bring the blue blanket adoring the bed up around my body. He made himself more than comfortable in my room and since it seemed like he had no intention of closing the window anytime soon, then I would have to do the same.

     "Look at you, Cohen." Luke grins and tosses a plastic cup in my direction before pulling off the cap of the bottle with his teeth. With the cap still wrapped around his lips, he pours the liquid down into the cup, only filling it about a quarter of the way through. He does the same for himself and then recaps the bottle. 

     "I was thinking that you should do some community service hours," I chirp, wrapping my fingers around the cup and staring down, down, down into it's contents. "You can't graduate without them, and the more you do, the better it'll look for universities. And you should probably narrow down where you're going to go-"

     "Do you ever just...stop?" He interrupts, taking a swig from the cup and arching his blonde brows.

     "Uhm, what do you mean?"