24.00

"OH MY GOD, LUCY, no."  I sputter, Luke's fingers jumping away from my skin. With wide eyes and frantic breathing I glance at him, only to see that his expression mirrors my own. We were both throughly screwed. "I would never, ever, never, never, ever have se.x with Luke." I ramble, shaking my head and stepping forward as I do my very best to sound convincing.

     "Ever?" He mumbles, face falling. I shoot him a glare and his expression hardens again before he continues. " No but seriously though, why would I fuck her? I mean, she's just..."

     "I'm not Kate," I offer, pursing my lips.

     "Yeah, exactly. You're not my type. No offense." Luke explains, adding the last part as an after thought. Funny how even when people said no offense, offense was still taken. He even looked so very apologetic.

      "My left eye just stung a little; I wanted to see if maybe something was in my contact. Honestly, Luke is the last person I would ever want to have se.x with-" I start, and she steps over her discarded beer, smirking and not believing a word of what I was saying. Why did my lying abilities fail me when I needed them most? It's not even like what I was saying was that much of a lie.

      "And was there something in your contact that night before the game where Luke pulled you into his room? Or every time you two think I'm not looking and you eye fuck from across the room? How about when you were drunk and sneaking around? Stop lying to me, both of you just stop," She says in exasperation, the humor no longer in her voice.

     "I'm not lying!" I scream, sounding all too desperate. But I guess I was desperate. I needed her to believe me. I didn't want her to think that something was going on when it wasn't, and I hated when people were angry with me, especially Lucy.

       "I would rather gauge my own eyes out than have se.x with Kendall," Luke adds, shrugging and pushing his tongue into his cheek. "Look, Lucy. I have better things to do than argue about whether or not I'm secretly screwing your little friend. She's boring and like we've established, she's no Kate. Now if you excuse me, I have a cheerleader to find." He says, flashing a fabricated smile and breathing heavily as he quickly departs from the kitchen.

     Boring, boring, boring. Not Kate, not anything worthy of the almighty Luke Hemmings. I press my nails into my hands and swallow the lump in my throat, turning to face her. Why the fuck do I even care? 

     "I''m sorry," She whispers, bending down to pick up her cup. "I just...you two have been so weird lately and it seemed like you were sneaking around. You're my best friend, we're supposed to tell each other-"

      "Lucy, I do tell you everything." Except for the fact that your brother is blackmailing me, of course. "Nothing is going on between Luke and I. And nothing ever will." I add, forcing a smile.

     "Okay but, if something did, you would tell me right?" Lucy says, arching a brow and frowning at me. I wanted to tell her about what was really happening between Luke and I, but I knew that I couldn't. He said we had to keep it a secret and after everything, I couldn't risk crossing him. This contest is my one chance to get out and I won't risk losing that. Not now, not ever. Even though I hated it, I would have to keep lying to Lucy.

      "Of course I would."

     She nods, biting her lip. "I'm sorry that he said those things about you, it's not true-"

      "Don't worry about it, he's just a dick. But, uhm, I think I might go home." I mumble, wrapping my fingers around my wrist nervously as her blue eyes scrutinize me.