Chapter 2: The Horror's of a New World

There you stood, standing amongst a large crowd of scared and anxious players as they look up at the ball made of blood as it formed into a cloaked figure, his face covered as his hand is raised slightly. "Attention, players." The figure spoke, his voice deep and echoing, "Welcome to my world. My name is Akihiko Kayaba." In your mind, you couldn't stop thinking about what was going on. Akihiko Kayaba? The world genius that made this game? You think to yourself before he goes on. "As of this moment, I am the sole person who can control this world. I'm sure you already noticed that the logout button is missing from the main menu." Kayaba had opened his own menu as his hand hovered over the Settings icon, he showed everyone the missing logout button. "But this is not a defect in the game. I repeat. This is not a defect in the game.. It is a feature of Sword Art Online. You cannot log out of SAO yourselves. And no one on the outside can shut down or remove the NerveGear. Should this be attempted, the transmitter inside the NerveGear will emit a powerful microwave destroying your brain and thus ending your life." At this point you hear the crowd get more worried and confused, others not believing what Kayaba was saying, but you understood all too well. "Unfortunately, several players' friends and families have ignored this warning, and have attempted to remove the NerveGear. As a result, two hundred and thirteen players are gone forever, from both Aincrad and the real world." No way! That many that fast!? You thought to yourself as a worried expression grows on your face. Suddenly, a couple of online news articles popped up around Kayaba. "As you can see, news organizations across the world are reporting all of this, including the deaths. Thus, you can assume that the danger of a NerveGear being removed is now minimal. I hope you will relax and attempt to clear the game. But I want you to remember this clearly. There is no longer any method to revive someone within this game. If your HP drops to zero, your avatar will be forever lost. And simultaneously, the NerveGear will destroy your brain. There is only one means to escape. To complete the game. You are presently on the lowest floor of Aincrad, Floor 1. If you make your way through the dungeon and defeat the Floor Boss, you may advance to the next level. Defeat the final boss on Floor 100, and you clear the game." Some people got mad about having to clear one hundred floors of pure life or death, who wouldn't? You sighed, looking around the crowd before looking back at Kayaba as he spoke once more. "Finally, I've added a present from me to your item storage. Please see for yourselves." You quickly opened your inventory to find an item in your item storage, a mirror. A mirror, the hell am I going to use a mirror for? You take the mirror out of your inventory as it goes into your hand, suddenly a bright light envelops you, looking into the mirror you see your true self again, your character changes went away. Kayaba spoke once more "Right now, you're probably wondering, 'Why? Why would Akihiko Kayaba, developer of Sword Art Online and the NerveGear, do all this?' My goal has already been achieved. I created Sword Art Online for one reason... To create this world and intervene in it. And now, it is complete. This ends the tutorial for the official Sword Art Online launch. Good luck, players." Kayaba's model then dissolved into nothingness as everyone stayed silent, but one girl shouted from the crowd. "No!" She shouted before a large clamor came from everyone. You decided you should help beat the game rather than stand around and do nothing. And so, that was how your life as a paladin warrior class, fighting for your life started...

"Next time on Dragon Tamer's Bodyguard. Chapter 3: Original Skills!?"
(How are you liking the series so far? If you like it, feel free to give it a vote! :D -AlteraGamer54)