Chapter 8: The Light of the New World

Two months have passed after the fight with Rosalia, the fight still haunts you slightly, but every time it does, Silica helped you out, you wake up in your usual inn, Silica was sleeping, next to you with your arm around her, your body must've done this naturally while you slept. Silica's eyes open slowly as she looks up at you, she smiles with a small blush as you both sit up. "Good morning (Y/N's Avatar Name)," she said softly before she yawned, getting up and equipping her armor, "I'll get you some tea." You smile, nodding to her response, you get up and equip your armor as well, getting up and making the bed. You sit down at the table as she placed down a cup of tea at your spot, she then sits down next to you as you both enjoy a cup of tea. "Floor 65 was just unlocked, that Assault Team is really making record speed on beating this game." You say as you take a drink, the warmth of the tea soothing your tastebuds as you set the cup down.

"Hey, (Y/N's Avatar Name), how many dates have we went on?" She looked over at you as she blushed, a serious question like that to pop up suddenly, you couldn't help but do a spit take. After cleaning yourself up with a napkin, you look at her with an answer, "I think a couple days ago was our sixth one, I remember your face clear as day when you thought a Mandrake was approaching during our picnic." You chuckle slightly as Silica looks at you with a slightly huffed face. "Anyway, let's go back to floor 47, I heard someone made a cool home on that floor." Silica smiled as she nodded, agreeing to go with you.

At the Hill of Memories, you two start walking around, you've been blushing ever since you left the inn. You see the log cabin in the distance as you point towards it. You and Silica arrive at it as you see a for sale sign. "Two million Col? I guess with this view, it's to be expected," you say as you look out towards the flowers before looking back at the price "What do you think Silica?" You look at her, smiling. "It's a good place, good view, the inside looks really large too, I say it's nice." She places her hand on yours as you both press the buy button. You close your eyes, your face grow a bright red as Silica looks at you. Before she could say anything, you open your inventory and scroll to the item Engagement Box, you press use and select Silica's name. The alert popping up in front of her, catching her off guard as she looks at you, blushing brightly. "I... I-Is this a...?" You stop her mid-sentence as you nod, blushing as well. She presses the accept button as her armor changes to a wedding dress with her eyes closed. She opens her eyes as she looks at you, your armor was changed as well to a tuxedo. You stand next to each other as you hold onto her hands, a message appears next to the both of them, it read "Do you, Silica, take (Y/N's Player Name) to be your husband?" A message below said it required voice recognition, Silica looks at you as she nodded, "I do" she said, a tear sliding down her cheek. A second message with the same requirement came up, this time asking you if you take Silica to be your wife, you nod, smiling, "I do." The final message appeared announcing your marriage, but you knew what came next, you lean in and give her a long, passionate kiss. After you both re-equip your armor, a notification appeared in front of you both, reading "A new inventory has opened up." You decide to open up the inventory as you scroll across them, All, Consumables, Silica, Special. Your curiosity peaked as you tapped the Silica option, a item menu opened up as you look at Silica, "Hey, Silica, what's in your inventory right now?" She looks at you as she opens her inventory, listing off all the items you see on the Silica tab. "A shared inventory? This is amazing! This game has everything I ever wanted in a VRMMO! You thought to yourself as you look at Silica, she was looking at you smiling as she was expecting something. You chuckle as you lift her up and carry her inside, the furniture was spawning in, one by one as you carry her to the couch, sitting her down. You sit down next to her as she moves herself closer to you as she sighs happily. "I guess, even if it is a game of life and death, relaxation wouldn't be too bad," you think to yourself as you hold Silica closer.

"Next time on Dragon Tamer's Bodyguard! Chapter 9: What Do You Mean I Gotta Fight?!"