Chapter 4: Gaiateria, The Treant Lord

"Alright! If we're all set for this boss, we need to push forward! In honor of Diavel!" Kibaou shouted at the top of his lungs to a large crowd of players, apparently there is a coat that drops from this enemy, it's pretty cool rumor. I hope I can get the last hit on the boss, the coat's not the only rumor coming from this... You thought to yourself as you look at Silica before blushing slightly, you shake your head and slap your cheeks before drawing the two handed sword, thinking to yourself "No more what ifs! I will get that last hit bonus! I have to, I want to!" The doors open as it's pitch black, blacker than a cave system, abandoned for centuries, this is your first boss's fight, and a floor boss no less, you can't help but shake your knees, you're nervous as all hell until you hear a roar from inside. The inside slowly lights up revealing a rather forest like area. "What are we standing around for?! Let's move damn it!" He shouts, leading everyone inside.

It's quiet, suspiciously so... Soon a tree starts to moves as it begins to connect to other trees, it grows a rather unsettling face as it roars once more. "Alright everyone! Let's show this thing what's for!" He runs at the Treant as it quickly smacks him, sending him flying into a wall, the Treant's HP soon shows up, four bars of health, it's name was Gaiateria, the Treant Lord. "Kibaou! Stay there and heal! You need to live!" Kirito shouted, drawing his sword. The Assault Team soon attack the Treant Lord, including your team, using the Switch tactic, you and Silica lay into the Treant Lord with a large number of attacks, the Treant Lord glowed red, and so did it's HP. It then swung it's arm at Silica, if it messed up Kibaou, then Silica is in serious trouble too! You have to do something, if you don't then she dies! You quickly jump in front of her and protect both yourself and her with the sword as you shout. "Avalanche!" You shout at the top of your lungs, swinging the blade down with all your might, the Treant stops in it's place before it flashes white, breaking apart and shattering, you did it! You got the last hit! You jump in the air, shouting in victory, everyone quickly joining you, there were no casualties and you got the last hit bonus. You check what the item was, it read "Tamer's Bond." You and Silica nod as Kirito and Asuna walk up to you both. "Congratulations" Kirito said, giving a thumbs up and a pat on your shoulder, "you got the last hit, I'll go on ahead and activate the gate so people can know that you can move on to the third floor, maybe we can run into each other again for a duel." Kirito turned and walked away, Asuna following for her own reasons.

Later, you and Silica were sitting on a bench, she seemed to be looking at the ground a lot. "Hey... Maybe we should disband the party... That boss fight made me think about this, but I feel like I'm just getting in the way... Maybe we'll meet later on, but I have to get stronger, on my own." Silica looked pretty upset about this but you also seemed upset, you open your inventory and summon the dropped item as you hold it towards her. "Here, at least take this" you say to her, smiling with both joy, but also sadness. "Take this and use it how you would, there's no way I could ever use this. Apparently it helps you connect to a beast, maybe you can get a familiar." Her eyes light up as she accepts the item, quickly equipping the item. "Thank you (Y/N's Avatar Name), I hope we can meet again." She gets up as she waves at you, walking away, you wave back before leaning back with a tired sigh, you decide to get yourself a place to crash at the inn located in town as you flop down on a bed. "She was pretty cute... Maybe even too cute. I hope I run into her too." With that, you close your eyes, quickly falling a asleep, Silica appeared in your dream tonight.

"Next time on Dragon Tamer's Bodyguard! Chapter 5: Foggy Dreams and PKers!"