Chapter 5: Foggy Dreams and PKers

Several days had passed since you had last seen Silica, the Assault Team have been clearing floors like crazy, but you decided to lay it low for a while, live easy. You sit up from your bed, multiple nightmares, each one getting more vague than the last, but the meaning is still the same. Silica dying, you fear that moment as you sit up from your bed. "Why...? Why am I constantly thinking like this? I hardly even know her... But she can't escape my mind, no matter how hard I try... I need to find her!" You quickly get up and equip your armor, you recently bought it from a vendor, light enough to move quickly in. Leaving your inn room, you walk out of the inn, looking around for Silica. "I need to find her fast! I can't bear to see her die! I don't want her to die!" You shout in your mind as you run around the towns of each floor until reaching Floor 32nd, you see a familiar hairstyle in a yellow armor set talking to a woman with a couple of guys at her side.

"No! You're not getting Pina! A very close friend to me gave me an item that helped me get Pina, I'm not letting that item go to waste!" The girl shouts, the woman standing across from her seems slightly irritated. "There's no need to be so stubborn Silica, just give us the beast and this can go a whole lot easier." The woman said, holding her hand out. "No! I'm not giving Pina to you! Just forget it!" She quickly turned around and ran off with a small blue dragon in her arms, running to the field gate. "What the hell? Did Silica go out there on her own?! The gorillas out there will take her out if she's not careful! I have to follow her!" You quickly run after her, worried for her well being.

You arrive to places of combat until you hear a chirp come from a direction, you follow the chirping until it stops, but you start moving again as you hear a cry, it was shouted. "Pina!" A girl shouted, it was Silica! You move faster, drawing the two handed sword, a group of gorillas are about to swing on the blue dragon familiar, you catch up and swing your sword, cutting through the gorillas as you stand there with the gorillas defeated, you turn towards Silica as you sheath the sword, you then do a small wave. "Hey Silica, it's been too long" you say, smiling then sighing in relief. "She's safe... That's good, I'm not going to leave her side, ever again." You think to yourself as Silica stands up "I-It's you, (Y/N's Avatar Name)" she said in a surprised tone before the dragon lands on her head "I-It's been so long, I feared you'd have died..." you smile softly, at least you're not the only one worried about the other person. "Come on, let's go back to the inn, we have a lot to talk about." You say cheerfully as you hold your hand out to her, helping her up. Her hand is soft, you try your hardest not to blush as you and her walk back to the town, entering the safe zone and to your inn room.

Silica sits down in a chair as you sit across from her, getting her some tea as well as yourself. "So, I see you got a Tamed Beast. That's pretty cool." You point towards the dragon that lays on top of her head as she smiles. "Yeah, I called her Pina, she's a feathered little dragon and she knows Lightning Breath and Healing Breath, I got her by feeding her peanuts I bought before, but I say your item helped, but it only gives me a little bit of charisma and a boost in Tamed Beast Love." You knew you had no use for it, you wouldn't know what kind of beast would be docile enough for you to feed it. "That's good, you know, I worried about you a lot ever since we disbanded the party back on Floor 3, I..." You stop for a moment, trying to hold back tears, but it's pointless, you can't hide emotions in VR, the NerveGear is directly connected to your brain, you break out in tears as you close your eyes. "There have been a rise of player killers, PKer's for short and I would never forgive myself if you fell victim to them...!" You wipe your tears away before regaining your composure.

You look at her, her cheeks were blushing slightly as she smiled. "You were that worried? I-I'm flattered, I didn't know you cared that much about me..." She seemed to cover her face with her hands. "Please Silica, please party with me again, I want to be by your side, I want to help you, you're no burden... I beg you..." you open your menu and request to party with her. She accepts and nods, smiling, you look up at her and smile, wiping the tears away from your eyes again as you nod as well "We should get some rest for tomorrow Silica, we got a big day ahead of us." she gets up as she yawned, "Yeah, let's get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow (Y/N's Avatar Name)!" She left the room, going to the one across the hall. You lay down on your bed as you close your eyes. Hours later at what is 11:00 PM, you're awoken by a knock at your door, you get up and open the door, it's Silica in a nightgown, you blush before looking up. "Y-Yeah Silica?" You stutter slightly as you focus on her face more. "I-It's hard for me to sleep... mind if I lay down next to you?" She seemed to be blushing too as you nod. You lay back down, this time with Silica and Pina laying next to you. You hear her fall asleep as her sigh, still blushing as you close your eyes, falling asleep.

"Next time on Dragon Tamer's Bodyguard! Chapter 6: A Dating Spot?!"