Chapter 10: Charon, The Ferry to Hades!

The man in the red armor had opened the door, the inside of the room was pitch black, just like the Gaiateria's boss fight until everyone seen something shine in the darkness, two red lights staring into your soul. Soon the room lit up, illuminating what unholy enemy stared at you with cold, dead eyes. There stood a hooded floating enemy wielding a rather large scythe, it opens its mouth emitting a loud, bloodcurdling roar. The armored man seemed unshaken as he readied his blade, as did you as you looked at the enemy, fight or flight, but only one thing, flight wasn't an option, the door behind everyone shut as everyone charged at the boss, the boss quickly swung it's blade, chopping down two players who were careless enough to try and get close to the enemy, they both shattered in an instant, dead so quickly, they must've been like you and Silica, low leveled to face the enemy, but the difference between you and them, they didn't fight enemies as they made their way to the teleport gate. You said a silent prayer for them as you charged at the boss, it tried to do the same to you but you block the scythe with your two handed sword, usually it was hard to catch a blade moving quickly with a two handed sword, but not for you, a window popped up, a notice message, it read "New Original Skill gained, Two With One!" an Original Skill, ones that were rumored about the leader of the Knights, and The Black Swordsman, now you have one yourself. You swing your two handed sword, countering the boss as you smirked, you charge towards the Reaper, activating a Sword Skill, you strike the foe quickly as you created an opening for your allies as they all start attacking, the boss was low on health and makes one final attempt to kill players, swinging his scythe wildly, Silica was about to get hit. You shout, sounding like a mighty roar, as you bring the sword down on the boss' scythe, bringing it to the ground before it could strike Silica. "You leave her alone bastard!" You shout once more activating a sword skill, you start swinging the sword with one hand wildly, pushing the boss into a wall as you continue to combo him, it's health was lowering close to zero. With one large slash wave, you cut through the boss as it shatter into pieces, you land on the ground with the two handed sword in your right hand. You place the sword to your back as you sigh deeply, you turn to Silica as you run up to her, hugging her tightly. "Thank god you're okay..." You receive the last hit bonus as you check your inventory, "Sword of Light." You check the weapon as you smile, equipping it. "Sword of Light, how ironic, you'd think with a boss as dark and depressing as Death, you'd expect a darker sword." You chuckle as you shrug.

Approaching you was the knight in red armor, he seemd rather impessed. "That was quite the push you did, what do you say about joining the Knights of the Blood Oath?" You look towards him as you shake your head. "No thanks, I'll stay out of guilds, besides, joining a guild to me just means being bossed around, but that's not me, live free, that's how games are meant to be played with freedom." The man nodded, smiling, he bowed as he looked at Silica, then back at you. "Please forgive my rudeness, I'm Heathcliff, leader of the Knights of the Blood Oath, it's nice to meet you." You bow back as you then wave. "It's nice to meet you too Heathcliff, but me and Silica have some more important business to deal with." You wave as you walk away with Silica right next to you, you thought back to what one of the other Knights members said. "Help on Floor 72, then floor 75." It haunted you, why these two floors specifically? Will they request for both yours AND Silica's presence like this time? The thought of this scared you as you held onto Silica's hand. Silica looks up at you as you think.

The both of you make it back to your cabin, sitting down on the bed, Silica looks at you as she hugs you from behind. "You're grip was kind of tight, was something bothering you?" You silently nod before she moved around to hug you from the front. "It was the nightmare... It scared me... A large skeletal monster, wiping out the Assault Team one by one... It then targeted you... I jumped in the way and took the hit, I died so you could live..." Silica covers her mouth as she seemed shocked, you look towards her as you smile despite being sad. "It was so strange though... It felt so real." You lay down with a sigh, Silica lays down on top of you as she hugged you tightly, hearing you sacrificed yourself made her happy, but it also saddened her to hear your death. You hug her back to comfort her, you check the time as it said midnight, you yawn as you equip your sleepwear, she equips hers too as you both get under the covers, falling asleep quickly.

"Next time on Dragon Tamer's Bodyguard! Chapter 11: Face to Face With Death!"