Earth

As Carol flew into the Earth's familiar atmosphere parts of her conversation with the Avengers played in her mind.

The planet Berhert.... signs of powerful energy... be careful...

Carol hadn't even heard of the planet before let alone been to it. She had been advised to bring someone who had been there before to find the source of the power as quick as possible.

She was sure it would be easier to ask someone nearer to complete the mission but she accepted it anyway.

Carol didn't want to refuse any mission she was given. She was afraid people would think she didn't care. There was enough people relying on her already, she couldn't seem to stop adding more.

Nebula had reported the problem, saying herself and Rocket were already busy with other problems and couldn't help. She also said the planet wasn't hostile but she was only there for a short time.

With that information she was sure she wouldn't need help with the mission but accepted the advice anyway.

Rocket recommended going to Thor, saying he had travelled some of the galaxy and may have been to Berhert.

Carol hadn't seen Thor since he killed Thanos nearly a year ago. She could tell he felt the pain of his brothers death then and wondered how he was now. Did he even know she was coming? Her question would soon be answered.

Carol saw the crowd appear in the town and cheer her as she slowed her flying to land gracefully in the centre of the small town.

"Where's Thor?" She said authoritatively. No one pointed in any direction and instead glanced around at each other nervously.

"We'll get him!" Two voices called out through the crowd.

"He doesn't like visitors. You'll be lucky to get a 'hello'." A woman said to Carol. "Even if you are Captain Marvel."

Carol waited by a bench in a quiet part of the town. The Asgardians had quickly respected her privacy and left her in peace. She assumed they were used to people like her anyway. With her powers she was debatedly as strong as Thor, maybe more. She'd love to test that one day.

"Carol!" Thor boomed behind her. She turned suddenly at his loud voice. He had a broard smile across his face and outstretched arms. He soon embraced with his slightly oversized jacket and the smell of beer hit her instantly.

He's a hugger?! I don't remember him being a hugger. She thought, confused. Thor eventually leaned back, his smile remaining firmly on his face.

He had gained weight. Not much but enough to notice. And he was letting his hair grow. All of it. With that and his new enthusiastic attitude he seemed like a completely different man. Was it good? She had no idea.

"How are you?" He asked eagerly.

"I'm good. What about you? You seem to be doing... well."

"Yes, I have a splendid little town- it's called New Asgard because it's not old Asgard. But Asgard is the people so it's still Asgard-"

"Yeah, I got it thanks. It's great." Thor beamed. One of the Asgardians had warned her against mentioning Thanos or the snap or anything remotly similar. She understood that and followed their advice, seeing as she was getting a lot of it lately.

"But unfortunately this isn't a friendly catch up. I need your help." A glimmer of Thor's smile disappeared from his face but it didn't stop entirely.

"What with?"

"Have you heard of a planet named Berhert?" Thor frowned thoughtfully for a monent.

"I recall it but I've never been."

"Damm." Carol mumered. "There's been a report of strong energy coming from there and I've been told to check it out. It's probably nothing but I was advised to bring someone who's been to the planet. I assumed that someone would be you." Thor nodded and looked towards his town.

"I'm sure I'll be fine on my own anyway. I can handle myself." Carol said confidently.

The independent spark in her voice made her sound like someone Thor knew. An idea popped into his head and his warm smile returned to his face.

"I may not be able to help you, but I know someone who might."