Berhert

"If it's too tricky I can do it." Carol said, watching Valkyrie attempt to land the ship on the outskirts of a forest.

"I got it." Valkyrie replied.

"OK but I was a pilot-"

"In the air force and you can fly pretty much any ship. I think I recall you saying that." She quipped. Carol smiled in response and watched the ground get closer to the ship.

The ground was uneven on the area, making it harder than landing on a flat air field.

"Steady." Carol warned.

"It would be a lot easier if we landed in the field back there."

"I think the energy will be around here. It has natural protection by the trees, which also blocks satellite images. This is the place to start." Carol looked over to Valkyrie again. "Or maybe I'm testing you."

She was about to respond when the ship hit the ground with a sudden bump. Valkyrie shot Carol a glare.

"You distracted me." She argued.

"You should keep your eyes on the controls." Carol smirked and strolled to the door.

Valkyrie desperately searched her brain for a witty come back but couldn't think of anything.

As Carol stepping onto the unfamiliar planet she took in her surroundings. It looked like any earth forest. The trees stood proud and cast shadows around them.

There was no birds that she could hear. Just a gentle breeze whirling through the leaves.

But it was the smell Carol noticed the most. It was rich. Strong. Like someone had lit scented candles around them. It would be a good place for farming. If there was anyone there.

Valkyrie stepped out of the ship shortly after Carol did. She glanced around but didn't take in her surroundings as much as Carol did.

"Lead the way." Valkyrie motioned with her hands to the forest ahead of them.

They walked side by side at a cautious pace. Valkyrie copying Carol.

"You don't need to be cautious you know." Valkyrie said.

"Well now I'm kinda hoping something jumps out at us." She turned to Valkyrie. "Just to see your face."

"And I can't wait to see your face when we leave this place, and we couldn't find anything."

"And then what. Do you really want to stay at Asgard forever. You don't seem like the settling down type."

"Maybe I will be one day."

"Sure, you can be a house wife to a lazy old man and live your last, most boring, years of your life doing dishes." Carol concluded.

"Maybe I wanna be a house wife to a lazy old woman." Carol laughed softly.

"I'm with you there." She muttered. Bingo! She is queer. Valkyrie thought to herself.

They walked in silence for a few minutes, both assessing each other's previous words.

"But really. At the end of this... mission will you fly off to another planet or stay at the Avengers base for a while?" Valkyrie asked.

"Why don't you drop by and find out?"

Valkyrie smiled. Two could play at this game.

"You'd like that wouldn't you?"

"What do you think?" Valkyrie hadn't expected that. She was so confident. She like that. She liked a lot about Carol.

Valkyrie had flirted with girls before but Carol kept winning. One moment she respected boundaries and the next she kept pushing to see how far she would go. She always knew when to do which.

With Carol it didn't feel like flirting. It felt like more.

Carol smiled at her victory. This is gonna be a fun trip.