We'll figure this out

"You found it?" Carol said as she kicked a sword out of a fighters hands and proceeded to head but him.

"Yeah, it's... incredible." Valkyrie said, mesmerized by the swirl of colours in the distance. "But heavily guarded." Carol couldn't help but smile to herself.

"So you're asking for help?"

"Really? Now!" Valkyrie said in a hushed voice, still aware of the armed fighters protecting the source.

"I have no idea where you are." Carol stated.

"Shit." Valkyrie scanned her brain for ideas but could think of nothing. "I can hear where you are but... I don't know..." Valkyrie trailed off as she spotted something familiar and laughed slightly.

"Val..? Valkyrie, you there?" Carol asked, panicked.

"Yeah, sorry. I'm on my way."

"You can barely walk."

"Maybe not, but I can fly." Carol was about to question what Valkyrie meant when an axe came hurling towards her head. Carol dodged it by a few centimetres and quickly fought back.

A few minutes later Carol noticed the fighter's attentions were gradually being pulled to the sky. Carol spun around to see what they were looking at only to stare up in awe too.

"Come on." Valkyrie called as the pegasus flew closer to the fight. It's perfect white wings flapped in a rhythm, it's main getting tangled in the breeze.

Carol admired the creature but it's rider was the focus of Carol's attention. Valkyrie held Dragonfang in her hand, glaring at everyone on the ground accept Carol. Even with her injury, Valkyrie seemed ready to take on the world and Carol hoped she could fight next to her.

In an instant Carol flew towards Valkyrie with a smile glued to her face.

"You don't need my help." Carol said.

"I didn't want you to feel useless." Valkyrie held out her hand to Carol with confidence. "I know it's your thing, but you won't be able to keep up if you fly solo." Valkyrie smirked.

"It's not my thing anymore." Carol muttered. She tightly gripped onto Valkyrie's armor, carefully avoiding the injury area.

As they flew towards the source the fighters below expectedly followed but soon fell behind. Even from above the trees they could both see the bright light shinning through.

"Why didn't we notice that before." Carol shouted against the wind.

"My thoughts exactly." Valkyrie replied. She guided the pegasus to land away from guards to give it a chance to fly away from any further danger. It landed elegantly on the forest floor out of sight from the guards.

"So you can land a pegasus perfectly but not a ship." Carol joked as she jumped down. Valkyrie didn't reply. She looked around the ground, planning her moves carefully. "Do you need a hand?" Carol said seriously.

"I got up here, I can get down." Valkyrie said avoiding eye contact. After a few moments Carol hovered a few inches above the ground to Valkyrie's level and touched her arm gently.

"Don't bother arguing." Carol said as she lifted Valkyrie off the pegasus and placed her carefully on the ground. A tear fell down Valkyrie's face as she turned to look at Carol.

"Hey," she said placing her hands on either side of Valkyrie's face, "we'll figure this out." Her thumb wiped away the tear and rested on Valkyrie's face before she pulled herself away.

We'll figure this out, together.