Woah

Thor was showing Carol their small collection of ships in the early hours of the morning. It was unusual to see him up so early. Or outside at all.

The ships seemed simple to fly but Carol had a feeling Valkyrie would be the one flying it. The ships used to be escape pods but had since been remodeled for better use when the time came. This was the time. For one of them.

Looking around at the Asgardian's faces, Carol could tell most of them had every intention to avoid a fight. Asgard used to have countless warriors. Now they only had two. And Thor seemed to be losing his spark.

Carol glanced behind her at the sound of murmering gradually getting louder.

Somethings got their attention. Or someone. As if on queue Valkyrie appeared from the crowd. Her outfit very different to the casual clothes Carol saw the day before.

Her armor was white with a subtle  hint of gold on parts. It fit perfectly and if the light caught it just right, which it did, the armor glimmered silver. A calm, blue cape swayed softly behind her as did her hair which was now down.

Woah.

Her face must of shown her thoughts because Thor chuckled next to her.

"Prefer her armor to your suit?" Thor asked. Carol didn't answer as Valkyrie approached them.

"You know, for a short harmless trip you sure do seem prepared for a fight." Carol said.

"I'm just being cautious. We can't all change clothes at the tap of a few buttons." Valkyrie remarked.

"How does everyone know that?" She muttered. Valkyrie was already beginning to get into the ship, eager to be in space again.

"You ready?" Carol nodded. She climbed in the ship that was surprisingly spacious.

Inside was two piloting seats surrounded by controls and one large window. Behind was two rows of six foldable chairs built into the ship's wall. The walls were plain black and there was a strangely modern feel to the ship that Carol didn't expect.

Thor leaned against the ships entrance as the two settled into their seats.

"Have a fun road trip." He said.

"I think it's more like a space trip." Carol commented.

"I like hers better." Valkyrie said, smiling at Carol.

"Siding with her over me. This is where it starts you know?" Thor mention as he waved his sunglasses around.

"Where what starts?" They said in sync. Thor didn't reply and instead took a few steps back.

"Thor." Valkyrie called. "Let there be a home for me to come back to."

"Let there be a Valkyrie to return." He paused for a moment, assessing what he said.

"That made no sense." Carol grinned.

"She knows what I mean." Thor said. She did.

The engine roared to life at Valkyrie's command. She swiftly turned the vehicle and set the co-ordinates into the ship. Carol was impressed. And she knew it.

The Asgardians cheered when the ship gently rose higher before rapidly tearing through the sky at the sudden burst of energy.