28

(JESSIE'S POV)

Me and Zoe were at Brennen's party, Zoe was already freaking drunk, a very sexual drunk may I add. She is literally all over Brennen at the moment and i'm watching from afar and so is Jake...it looks like its crushing him. I look over at jake and it looks like he is about to cry so i lightly pulled him up from the couch and gave him a hug.

"I'm sorry Jake." i said while still hugging him.
"It doesn't matter anyways."he said pulling away to dry his tears.
"What do you mean? Jake are you okay?"i asked putting a hand on his shoulder caringly.
"Huh? Yeah Jess, i'm fine...im just gonna get some fresh air." Jake said walking away slowly with his head down.

I am starting to get worried about him, but i will let him come to me if he needs help.

I look back over at Zoe and Brennen and they are still dancing like they were a few minutes ago. I know she wouldn't do anything like this purposely it is just the alcohol doing it...yeah the alcohol.

(🔥'S POV)

I walked out of the party into the cold, rainy night feeling like a fool. I felt like a fool because i thought he may like me back...but he is just a guy who wants to get into girls' pants, but the sucky thing is...i still love him.

I have been walking for about an hour and I turned a corner to see Kira (Brennen's gf) on her phone.

"Oh hey Kira." i said walking up to her tugging my hood onto my head even though my hair was already wet.
"Hey Jake." she said in a sad monotone voice.
"Are you okay?" i asked because she didn't seem like it.
"Brennen and i broke up. I mean i saw it coming and all but he was in love with you and tonight he was all over Jessie's girlfriend and i dont know anymore." she said sitting down on the sidewalk.
"Wait...he's in love with me?"i asked stunned with tears welling up in my eyes.
"Yep."she said lighting up a cigarette.
"I gotta go." i said slowly starting to walk away only earning a nod from Kira.

I started running back the way i came towards Brennen's house to see that quite a few people left. There was still enough people for it to be loud in the house though.

I ran up the steps and barged in the door and started looking around not seeing Brennen anywhere, but i saw Jessie...she was sitting on the couch slumped over, drinking a beer.
Jessie doesn't drink.

I walked over only getting a small glance from Jessie and her taking another chug of her beer.

"Jessie? Are you okay?" i asked concerned for the girl in front of my eyes.
"Yeah."she said the expression on her face only getting sadder.
"Where's Brennen?" i asked still looking around.
"He's upstairs..." she said as she took another chug.
"Than-" i said looking at Jessie only to see her shaking her head.
"I wouldn't go up there if i was you..." she said leaning back.
"Why?"i asked getting a little more concerned by the second.
"He is upstairs with Zoe...they were playing 7 minutes in heaven and its been an hour. I really thought she loved me... I thought she would be able to control herself." Jessie said tearing up, putting her head in her hands.
"I'm sorry Jessie..."i said apologetically.
"I know you loved him i should be saying sorry to you. Today was supposed to be the night too UGH DANGIT BRENNEN!" she yelled slamming her beer on the table, causing some people to give her a strange look.
"What was supposed to happen?" i asked.
"Nevermind it was nothing. I'm gonna go get another beer and maybe bum a cigarette. Do you want anything?" Jessie asked.
"Jessie come on. You need to go home. Let's go." i said grabbing her arm walking towards the door.
"No! I'll go home when i want to go home!" she said ripping her arm from my hand.
"Jessie please. You're drunk, just please come home." i said rubbing my face with my hands.
"Go home Jake! Just go home! I'm staying!" she said grabbing a beer from the counter and walking away.

I sighed and decided to let her be. Maybe she will be smart enough to call an Uber and not drive herself.

I walked out the door. And threw my hood up due to it still raining and started to walk home. I realized i never really introduced myself.

Hi. My name is Jake Webber and i am in love with Brennen Taylor, the man who broke my heart...but i won't let people know that.

~
816 word count
Hope you guys like it...sorry it has been forever and that i left you guys on a cliffhanger.