Chapter 2.)

A/N
Welp, Here is the first official chapter. I hope you all like it! Be sure to Vote and comment for more and share with your friends!
____________________________________

1 Year Earlier

• Ivy's POV •

I remember today quite distinctly, seeing as it truly changed my life. I could never forget it, and the utter shock it left me in. It was the day of my 18th birthday party. I hadn't been expecting a party, but by golly I got one, just when I needed it the least. For some reason, whenever I actually needed the comfort of family and friends I never got it. Maybe it was because I was just that unlucky. That's what I was told. However, I know the truth, and was to smart for my parents lies; it was because the bruises on my arms had faded away. No one could suspect anything, allegedly making it 'safe' to invite people over. This way I could never get the help I sought from others. Even if I tried to tell them my problems; my best friends included, they could never believe me because I had no markings to prove the contrary. The only one who knew about these bruises was my closest friend Thea. She tried to help as best she could but the last time she confronted my parents it ended badly for her, and made things worse for me. Now we just try and behave that way I don't get hurt, and she doesn't get hurt.

Today although I chose to live in the moment, and be happy with the people I was surrounded by. Within the usually lonely bedrooms of this monstrous mansion, one bedroom tonight was shockingly not so lonely anymore. There were five of us; Thea, Bella, Lily, Addison and me obviously the star of tonight's occasion. Most of the girls were the ages of seventeen, and me now eighteen as we played games, danced and sang songs. We watched movies, ate snacks, and gossiped about guys, but since I was the birthday girl I was forced to sit in the hot seat.

"Tell us, Ivy! Tell us!" The other girls cheered snapping me out of my thoughts. All of us sat on the floor in a circle on my white rug. I sat straight up looking at the excited faces around me; a little overwhelmed, while they all leaned forward with their knuckles on the cushioned ground.

"No! I mustn't!" I yelled teasingly with a chuckle.

"Please! Tell us!" Bella begged.

"But really, I shouldn't." I pleaded for them to stop asking such silly questions.

"But really you should." Thea said mocking me making the others giggle. "Please, Ivy you cant keep us on the hook forever." she continued to entice me. Thea was one of my only true friends. I've known her sense I was little, and I honestly don't know what I'd do without her. The begging however I could do without. Her sad puppy dog eyes were something I knew quite well, and just as well that I'd eventually give in and said yes. There was really no use in fighting. If one thing was for sure it was that; Thea Canaille wouldn't stop until she got what she wanted.

"Ok." I sighed, raising a brow, "but if you guys tell anyone I swear."

"We swear not to tell!"

"Ok ok, good. I guess I can trust you guys right?" I said unsure.

"Of course V," Thea said sitting next to me grabbing my hand, as the rest of them nodded their heads. They were making this a much bigger deal then I thought it needed to be. I puffed up my cheeks squinting my eyes. Then suddenly I burst out my secret.

"Ivebeendatingjackforthepastyear" I said way to quick for them to understand. Lily and Bella miraculously caught what I said and gasped, their hands gripping their mouths.