Chapter 7.)

Don't forget To share Vote and Comment!!

__________________________

• Ivy's POV •

It was Sunday, one week sense Caspian first arrived to Black manor. Nothing interesting had surprisingly happened yet. I think it was mostly because we were busy with school all week. When we both came home we always went straight to our rooms to study for finals. Thank god that was the last week of school, and the last time I'd ever have to spend another day in that god for saken school. Caspian and I, including all my friends were seniors so Friday was Officially our last day of high school ever. Caspian went to some graduation parties on Friday I think, and I went to some last night. But sadly not to Thea's. I didn't get an invite nor have I spoken to her sense my birthday.

I was laying in bed, twiddling my fingers in complete silence, just thinking about how the house was now practically empty. My parents were gone. It was just me, Caspian and the butlers. There wasn't anything to do here, I usually hung out with friends on the weekends, but it was Sunday and they were all at church. Quite frankly right now I wasn't sure I even had any.

I stared at the ceiling in complete Boredom, exhausted of endlessly rolling around in my covers and sheets, when suddenly my stomach growled. I was pretty hungry I guess. If I was ever bored eating was always a tasty option I liked.

I walked over to the wall next my door where the intercom was. I clicked the 'kitchen' button and spoke into it.

"Hello Astronomus? I'd like to have some snacks from the chefs." I asked. I awaited an answer but didn't get one. "Astronomus? Hello?" I asked again with no response. I waited for a minute or two before deciding something must be wrong. He usually picks up immediately.

I quickly opened my door and left my room, heading down the stairs. I turned the corner to go into the kitchen when I stopped at the unexpected loud noise of pots and pans clanking. Someone was yelling.

Caspian..?

I quietly peered around that corner my eyes shooting to the open door in the kitchen. I could see Caspian and Astronomus.

"That's not the food I wanted!?! Get me my Salmon soufflé" I heard, then saw him wave his arm wildly knocking over pans on the countertop. They hit the cold tile ground with a loud ding! Autonomous jumped back astonished a guest would do such a thing so demandingly.

"Mr.Griffith, sir please calm down. I assure you your food will be prepared right this time around. If you would so kindly as to wait at the dining table, I would appreciate it." Astronomus said with a hand out facing the door when Caspian's back hit the wall behind him. His right hand grabbed his nose as his eyes squinted. His back slid down the wall until he was sitting on the ground. Then he buried his face in his palms. His palms slid together at his noise. Then he opened his eyes and his hands squished together moving out in front of him.

"I'm not mad about the food Astronomus." He sighed running his hand through his hair, as his V-neck shirt slightly lifted up. "I-I just," he paused. "Autonomous. If I spend one more day in the house I'm going to go crazy. There's nothing to do, it doesn't feel like home because it's not my home, and I'm not even allowed to leave it very often without ivy because if I do her parents will go all wacko on me and for some reason I'm supposed to spend every second with her?"
Caspian asked quizzically, frustration in his voice. "I mean she's a lonely pitiful girl. A spoiled rich brat at her finest. I don't know what made me so unlucky to get stuck with her. Of all people." He said defeatedly like he had given up.

I sat and listened. What he said hurt my feelings. But I suppose After all thats all anyone thinks of me, so what he said didn't hurt my feelings all that much. What he said next was what really made me feel bad.

"And I just—" he said in a shaky voice on the verge of tears. "It's like my life was so on track. I had a good collage, a scholarship in line with a career in football. My dream sense I was a kid. I worked for those good grades, and I'm not even the smartest guy. I had the girl of my dreams. Thea." He sighed. "Thea Canaille." He smiled happily. Then abruptly his voice filled with anger. "The girl Who Im actually in love with!" He gulped.

I jumped from where I watched. His loud voice scared me. A tear rolled down my cheek. I just felt awful. I wish I could do something about this. If only he knew the pain I felt, the pain I've suffered. If only he knew I wanted out of this too.

"And it's like, Ivy didn't even have to loose someone?! She doesn't understand what I'm going through right now she's never lost a loved one, had a breakup or gone through any of this!" He breathed out in mental agony. Astronomus let him breathe a moment before speaking.

"Ahh. I see." Astronomy's nodded. "You know— I suppose you could always try and find a way out of this. Your 18 after all. I know ivy feels as if she's bound to you because her parents are blackmailing her  for this whole arranged marriage thing.She doesn't have a choice like you do," He sighed when Caspian finally looked up with a frown. He was going to speak but Astronomus didn't see that and kept on talking. "If- well if you I suppose get out of this arranged marriage they can't stop you like they have her. However, I guess your dad would loose his job. Although if you made it look like an accident, you might be able to pull it off. Seeing as this girl Thea, and your career, and as well family mean so much to you, I don't see why you wouldn't risk everything to get out of this. Ah well. I don't really know." He laughed. "For once I don't know. I usually have all the answers."

Caspian paused looking down with a frown. "I-I've got it." He said quickly racing up to his feet grabbing onto the wall to do so in such a hurry. I left out the kitchen door calling out to a Atronomus behind him. "I won't be needing that salmon anymore!! Thanks anyways! Your the best." He smiled then ran off. I speedily ducked back behind the corner from where I hid, as Caspian who ran passed me not even noticing me. He sprinted out the huge front doors. I rushed too, looking out the windows next to the tall oak wood doors. I saw him get in his old Chevy blue car and race off out the driveway. He must be going somewhere important. But where?