Chapter 20.)

• Ivys POV •

The man drops his gun on the ground as I instantly rush over to Caspian, forgetting all about the miserable pains in my eye, only focusing on the one I love who lays helplessly on the ground. A pit grows in my stomach, and a throbbing sensation in my heart I can't get out. I can't loose him too.

The man with the mask, who had shot Caspian in the blink of an eye, also didn't waste anytime to rush over to Caspian like I had.

"No, no, no no!" his voice got increasingly louder, just when I swear to myself I've heard that voice before. Sliding over the other side of Caspian he garbs ahold of his arms. I was about to slap him across the face, push him away, ask him 'what the hell is wrong with you', when he takes off his mask revealing dark grey hair, and a set of all to familiar brown eyes leaving me in an uprising of shock filled emotions.

"Lewis?!" I yell. He looks at me his eye brows furrowed with hurt eyes, then to his son. "Why would you do that?!" My voice wails.

"I-it wasn't supposed to be this way," his grandpa-like voice shakes, as his head does too. "I-I'm so s-sorry casp." He tries to apologize but it's no use. His weak son has already closed his eyes, and I'm not sure if he's dead or still alive. I look over to the steel black gun that lays on the hardwood floor next to me. Lewis notices it too. "You—" He scowls. "This is all your fault!" He points to me shaking his finger then, leaping for the gun. I lean, lunging he same time Lewis does as both of our hands layer over one another's hands in a fit. He pulls and rugs and I pull and tug back. I slowly stand up still trying to pry at his sausage like fingers, as he is forced to stand up too.

"Let go-of it," my teen snarl. Clicking noises clack at my ear form his gummy hands, and my fierce ones struggle all about the gun. "Let go of it!" I yell when, BOOM!! My ears begin to ring with a high pitched noise, as I realize what I've done. I open my tightly squinted eyes. Lewis holds his bleeding out chest as he lays on the floor, grunting in groaning. His body restlessly wiggles around on the ground as his mouth widens. I slowly look over to Caspian, then realize he's what I should be worrying about right now. I run to the kitchen to grab the phone, that Caspian had laying on the ground. I grab it trying to click the buttons although my butter fingers won't allow it. When I finally press the numbers '911' I realize the phone is broken and it won't work. "Shit, shit shit shit!" I horridly look around realizing my phone is all the way upstairs in my room. I go over to the other home phone by the door, and pick it up dialing again 911. It doesn't work either, the phone has a large crack in it which is why I'm assuming it's not working. It would just be faster to take him there. I didn't even stop to think it might not be the best decision. My only thought was Caspian living. I dart to Caspian, tapping his cheeks quickly. "Caspian?" I ask out for him to hopefully answer when he doesn't. "Ok—ok," I try to calm myself down breathing heavily. I pull his back off the wall, grabbing underneath both of his shoulders. My back bends as I drag him over to the doorway, when a voice calls out to me.

"I—Ivy.." Lewis weakly begs. I take one look at him and keep on pulling Caspian out to the car. I drag his heavy unresponsive body, down the long driveway when I realize I have hundreds of more feet to go.

Once I finally get to the car exhausted, and out of breath I Hull Caspian up to the passenger seat, as his lifeless body slumps over, his head hitting the dashboard. I get around jumping into the car, starting it, when just vaguely I see Lewis, pulling himself using the door frame as his hand reaches out to me. It takes me a second before I smash open the door, in anger, then closing it behind me. "This isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real." I squint then open my eyes realizing, this is indeed actually happening. I sprint to the doorway, rushing shading time taking Lewis's hand. "Come on get up." I demand, trying to help in by pulling. "Ugh! Get up you lazy pig!" I tell, pulling on his one arm with both of my hands. He gets on his knees to stand, but can bring himself to do it and falls over again. I sigh loudly, hen begin pulling on him dragging him out through the doorway. My head checks back to look at Caspian; still unconscious in the front seat.