Chapter 4.)

Hey guys! So just a quick warning the last like 6 or 7 paragraphs might be triggering to some people so just letting you know! Also sorry it gets kinda confusing it may be too complex 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

________________________________

• Ivy's POV •

I sulked back to where both my parents were when they both sprung off the couch in an instant.

"Where did you go?" My mother asked.

"I just went to see if they left, wouldn't want them to see anything." I completely lied. Of course I would want them to see, then I could get actual help.

"Ah. smart." My dad agreed. "Now Ivy, do you have any questions or would you like us to just give you the run down of how things are going to go?"

"The run down please."

"Well, then you might want to take a seat again." He said palm up offering me the spot on the couch where Caspian had sat.

"So. Here's how it'll be." My mother said in a deviant tone. "You and Caspian will have Black Manor all to yourself, staring this Saturday and ending June 1st 2019, The day of your wedding. The wedding will be here out in the fields along side of the house and in the backyard. Your father and I will live in the maple cabins down west of HopeRidge. This way at least you can get to know each other. I personally don't think you deserve such pity, but it was the only terms Lewis Griffith would agree too."

"What do you mean 'the only terms he would agree too'? You wanted this? Why? You decided this? How long have you had this planned?!" I raised my voice a little too loud. My father got up off the couch, then walked to where I sat, and sat down next to me. He grabbed my leg, slowly his grip getting tighter and tighter.

"That's none of your business, Ivy." He warned sternly.

"Ah now, Eugene." My mother said waving her hand in the air, while the other set down the glass of wine she held on the table. "She's never going to cooperate if she doesn't know. Just tell her."

"Tell me what?" I asked. Father looked to mother without saying a word.

"Well fine. Silly bastard. I'll tell her." She said with a disgusted look on her face towards my father. "Before you were born we, as you know, still had our orange juice company, and with it a our own breakfast restaurants called 'The Rose Cafe'. It was the richest and biggest corporation in HopeRidge, and in the city. Caspian's dad, Lewis had a rather smaller business but it was growing. It was called 'Lewi's Construction'. It wasn't at all by any means, uh... let's just say spreading it's wings. Lewis Griffith was going bankrupt. Most businesses building's had already been built, meaning there was no work for him. Our family; the Roses, were very wealthy, we owned this house; Black Manor, the maple cabins, aspen lodges, hundreds of acres in our own backyard, and a succeeding business. Although because of our branch growing we needed some space to expand our product, and Cafe's. Meanwhile Lewis and his employees needed work. So what did Lewis do? Like an logical man would he came to us. He begged to partner with us because he was now going bankrupt. We agreed under one condition; that you were to marry his son who was on the way, and not born yet." she explained when suddenly a look of disgust washed over her face. "He's such a stupid old man." My mother rolled her eyes. "He obviously didn't except the offer, and from there time went on. Soon though Lewis would be living on the streets. No money to financially support his house, wife of 6 years, and now new born son. Which later he knew he would have to pay for college. He didn't have any other option but to accept our offer." She finally finished. "And that's that."